|Full name||Yainelis Ribeaux Rustafull|
December 30, 1987 |
Songo – La Maya, Santiago de Cuba
|Updated on 27 June 2013.|
Yainelis Ribeaux Rustafull (or Yainelis Riveaux Rustaful, born 30 December 1987) is a Cuban track and field athlete who competes in the javelin throw. She was the 2009 Central American and Caribbean Champion in the event and runner-up at the 2011 Pan American Games. She represented Cuba at the 2009 World Championships in Athletics and the 2012 Summer Olympics. Her personal best is 63.18 metres.
Born in Songo – La Maya, Santiago de Cuba, Ribeaux started out in the javelin throw as a teenager, clearing fifty metres for the first time in 2005 and setting a best of 55.34 m a year later. She established herself at the national level in 2009 when she improved her best by more than five metres to win at the Barrientos Memorial. Her mark of 61.72 m was enough to defeat former Olympic champion Osleidys Menéndez. She threw the javelin 63.18 m later that season and was the gold medallist at the 2009 Central American and Caribbean Championships in Athletics ahead of perennial champion Laverne Eve. She was elected to compete at the 2009 World Championships in Athletics but did not progress beyond the qualifying round.
In 2010, she only cleared sixty metres once with her season's best of 60.88 m. She was runner-up at the Barrientos Memorial and Olimpiada del Deporte Cubano that year in Cuba, and was the representative for the Americas at the 2010 IAAF Continental Cup, where she came seventh. She won the Barrientos meet the following season and defeated Leryn Franco to win the javelin title at the 2011 ALBA Games. A throw of 62.30 m in August (her second best at that point) preceded her appearance at the 2011 Pan American Games. There she took the silver medal, ahead of national rival Yanet Cruz but behind American Alicia DeShasier.
She broke the meet record at the 2012 Ponce Grand Prix and a throw of 60.70 m, as well as a win at the IAAF Centenary meet in Havana, was enough to gain selection for the Cuban team at the 2012 London Olympics.
- Javelin throw: 63.18 m – La Habana, 19 June 2009
|2009||ALBA Games||La Habana, Cuba||3rd||Javelin throw||55.65 m|
|Central American and Caribbean Championships||La Habana, Cuba||2nd||Javelin throw||59.68 m|
|World Championships||Berlin, Germany||16th (q)||Javelin throw||57.38 m|
|2011||ALBA Games||Barquisimeto, Venezuela||1st||Javelin throw||58.93 m|
|Pan American Games||Guadalajara, México||2nd||Javelin throw||56.21 m A|
|2012||Olympic Games||London, United Kingdom||29th (q)||Javelin throw||56.55 m|
- Resultados » 29/07/2011 Atletismo (in Spanish). ALBA2011. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- Aroche Román, Carlos Rafael (October 31, 2011), Buena cosecha para Songo La Maya en Guadalajara 2011 (in Spanish), retrieved June 27, 2013
- Yainelis Ribeaux. London2012. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- Ribeaux Yainelis. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2009-06-01). Savigne, Copello and Lopez shine at Barrientos Memorial. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2009-07-06). Culson prevails over Sanchez as six more records fall - CAC Champs Final Day Archived 2009-07-27 at the Wayback Machine.. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2011-05-29). New talents emerge at Barrientos Memorial in Havana. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-17.
- Leryn no sólo brilla en las pasarelas: nuevo récord paraguayo. CONSUDATLE. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- Women's Javelin Throw Final. Guadalajara2011. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2012-05-13). Culson runs world lead and Wilson surprises Robles and Richardson in Ponce – IAAF World Challenge. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-25.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (2012-05-28). Ortega upsets Robles at IAAF Centennial Anniversary meet in Havana. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-07-24.
- Cuba announces team of 47 for London Games. IAAF (2012-07-16). Retrieved on 2012-07-16.