Yajamana (2019 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||V. Harikrishna |
|Produced by||Shylaja Nag|
B Suresha 
|Written by||V. Harikrishna |
Thakur Anoop Singh
P. Ravi Shankar
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Edited by||Prakash Karinja|
Media House Studio
|Box office||₹50 crore|
Yajamana is a 2019 Indian Kannada language action film written and directed by V. Harikrishna and Pon Kumaran and produced by Shylaja Nag and B Suresha . It stars Darshan, Rashmika Mandanna and Tanya Hope in lead roles. It also features an ensemble cast of Thakur Anoop Singh, Devaraj, P. Ravi Shankar, Dhananjay in key supporting roles. The film's background score and soundtrack is also composed by V. Harikrishna.
The film emerged as a decent box office hit in Sandalwood. Yajamana commercially became a milestone in Darshan's film career by crossing the mark of ₹50 crores and it ran over 100-days across Karnataka.
This story is about how a village which uses traditional oil overcomes a big mafia scam.
An oil mafia don named Devishetty controlling oil market by his oil mafia. He asks for coordinates about a village has not entailed in the oil market. The village's chieftain Hulikar Nayaka's son-in-law Krishna (Darshan) is a protector of the village and its oil mill. One day Devishetty comes to the village and to convince the village of entitling its co-operation in his oil marketing. A Journalist Ganga (Tanya Hope), meanwhile learns and covers the news, broadcasting the same. Krishna opposes this and warns the people of Devishetty's sly plan to infiltrate and plunder all the oil resources of the village and that they were bound to lose all, if they were to pledge co-operation. Krishna also intimidates and warns the villain not to take anything from Hulidurga, thereby insulting Devi Shetty (Thakur Anoop Singh). The news gets telecast all throughout. Devi Shetty plans to avenge the insults from Krishna by the aid of Mittai Suri (Dhananjay) against an otherwise lone-ranger Krishna. He decides to save the village and its people from him. Devi Shetty's men capture Krishna and in vain try to kill him but Krishna fights them off. He warns Devi Shetty he will come to Mumbai and catch if he dares.
Krishna goes to Mumbai and with the help of Ganga, stays in a owner's house. Krishna with the help of oil owners, starts to sell oil. In the start, he does face obstacles where he must even fend off a few men in the market. But eventually consumers start buying his oil brand, acknowledging his oil to be the best. Krishna succeeds in the oil market. Meanwhile, in the village all people lose the market price for their products and begin to wander.
Kaveri (Rashmika Mandanna) comes to meet Krishna in Mumbai and tells him about all the incidents. Kaveri plans to approach to Devi Shetty asking help for the sake of the village. Krishna as well joins her and goes to Devi Shetty and pretends to apologise on behalf of his people. Devi Shetty shows people on video conference to him. Krishna saying people stopped oil mill, once again people starts oil mill they will get back their losing. All people recall their oil mill by his words and shows sandals at him and insults him. Krishna later apologizes to people.
Krishna excels in the oil market and later goes to the village to get the marketing rights from the chief and starts selling oil in the market. He names his brand Nandhi Oil Brand.
Devi Shetty befalls a loss in the market. Pulla Reddy (Ravi Shankar), his supporter, comes to Krishna in the name of an ally, to put an end to Devi Shetty. Devi Shetty hatches a vice plan and Krishna gets arrested by police on the grounds of stocking illegal oil. In the court, Krishna proves his innocence saying all of them are owned by Devi Shetty. Krishna takes some brands unknowingly from Pulla Reddy and draws his brand's name stamp on those. Krishna asks the judge to scratch with coin which reveals them to be those of Devi Shetty's. He also learns, to his happiness, Nandhi Brand of oil is used at the judge's home, too. Judge sends Devi Shetty's brand for testing at the lab only to find it chemically hazardous. The case against Devi Shetty and the Court orders to seize his brand and company. This results in Devi Shetty losing a place, in its entirety, at the market.
Pulla Reddy asks him how that was possible to which Krishna replies about his game of wit at Thammudu, to outsmart Devi Shetty. Devi Shetty plans to kill Krishna and sends Pulla Reddy to take documents from him. Krishna sends his family somewhere else to hide. Unfortunately Huliyappa gets caught by Devi Shetty and he was given poison. After few minutes he is dead and Krishna beats him up. Later he will burn him alive.
- Darshan as Krishna
- Rashmika Mandanna as Kaveri
- Tanya Hope as Ganga
- Devaraj as Gurikar Huliyappa Nayaka
- Ravishankar as Pulla Reddy
- Thakur Anoop Singh as Devi Shetty
- Sadhu Kokila as Captain jaganmohan , a Cook in Mumbai
- H. G. Dattatreya as Hegde
- Mandya Ramesh as Kashi
- Hithesh as a worker
- P D Sathishchandra as a worker
- Shivaraj KR Pete as a worker
- Sanju Basayya as Krishna's friend
- Malathishree mysuru as Krishna's grandmother
- Radha Ramachandra as Kaveri's grandmother
- Yaseen Nadaf as Kaveri's brother
- Suchithra as Huliyappa Nayak's wife
- Srinivas prabhu as Judge
- Shankar ashwath
- Manjunatha Hedge
- Yashwanth Shetty
- Dhananjay as Mittayi Soori in Cameo Appearance
- Prajwal Devaraj (Special appearance in "Shivanandi")
- Prem (Special appearance in "Shivanandi")
- Vinod Prabhakar (Special appearance in "Shivanandi")
- Sharan (Special appearance in "Shivanandi")
- Chiranjeevi Sarja (Special appearance in "Shivanandi")
- Vineeth Darshan (Special appearance in "Shivanandi")
The movie was released across more than 600 Silver screens world wide only in Kannada language. It was released covering more than 495 theatres in Karnataka alone and hit 50+ screens in other states of India on 1 March 2019.
|1.||"Shivanandi"||Chethankumar||Kaala Bhairava, Shashank Sheshagiri , Santhosh Venky||03:59|
|2.||"Ondu Munjane"||Kaviraj||Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam|
|3.||"Basanni"||Yogaraj Bhat||V.Harikrishna, Varsha B.Suresh||04:23|
|4.||"Yajamana Title Track"||Santhosh Ananddram||Vijay Prakash||04:02|
|5.||"Hattrupayig ondu"||Yogaraj Bhat||Vijay Prakash||03:40|
- "Massive sets, story and darshan to drive Yajamana". The New Indian Express. 14 November 2018. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Yajamana First Worldwide 50 crore Grosser, Darshan D Boss of Box Office – Sakshi English | DailyHunt Lite". Dailyhunt. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Yajamana' to release the intro song on January 15". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Darshan's 'Yajamana' wraps up its first schedule". Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Harikrishna is man behind Yajamana". bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "D Boss Darshan's Yajamana Emerges As The Best Opening Of 2019 First Quarter Beating Puneeth's Film!". filmibeat.com. 1 April 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- D Boss Darshan's Yajamana hits the 100-day mark – https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/kannada/movies/news/darshans-yajamana-hits-the-100-day-mark/articleshow/69375318.cms
- "Yajamana (2019)". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Darshan's 'Yajamana' Gets Clean U/A - chitraloka.com | Kannada Movie News, Reviews | Image". www.chitraloka.com. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Sandalwood actor Darshan's fans celebrate release of Yajamana right from break of dawn". Asianet News Network Pvt Ltd. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Yajamana". Weekend Cinema. Retrieved 17 July 2019.