Yakima Air Terminal
|Yakima Air Terminal|
|Owner||City of Yakima|
|Elevation AMSL||1,099 ft / 335 m|
FAA airport diagram
Yakima Air Terminal (IATA: YKM, ICAO: KYKM, FAA LID: YKM) (McAllister Field) is a public airport three miles south of Yakima, in Yakima County, Washington. Owned by the City of Yakima, it is used for general aviation and commercial air service. Yakima is served by one scheduled air carrier (Alaska Airlines) and two non-scheduled carriers (Sun Country Airlines and Xtra Airways). Sun Country Airlines provide charter flights to Laughlin, NV and Xtra Airways provide charter flights to Wendover, NV.
This airport is in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which called it as a primary commercial service airport. Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 57,076 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2014, 60,028 in 2009 and 53,832 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft
Yakima Air Terminal covers 825 acres (334 ha) at an elevation of 1,099 feet (335 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt runways: 9/27 is 7,604 by 150 feet (2,318 x 46 m) and 4/22 is 3,835 by 150 feet (1,169 x 46 m). The Yakima Air Terminal is equipped with a contract Air Traffic Control Tower, operated by SERCO under a contract with the FAA. The Tower operates daily from 0600-2200.
In the year ending December 31, 2013 the airport had 35,351 aircraft operations, according to the FAA Terminal Area Forecast (TAF). The 35,351 total operations are broken out into two categories, Itinerant and Local Operations. Itinerant Operations include 1,764 Air Carrier, 3,187 Air Taxi and Commuter, 15,234 General Aviation, and 1,385 Military Operations. Local Operations include 12,569 Civil Operations and 1,212 Military Operations.
The airport is home to Cub Crafters, a manufacturer of light sport and light utility aircraft. The airport has one full-service fixed-base operator (FBO), McCormick Air Center, which provides hangar leasing, aircraft rental, flight instruction, and fuel. The airport has one aviation museum known as McAllister Air Museum.
Airlines and destinations
|Ameriflight||Portland (OR), Seattle–Boeing|
|FedEx Feeder||Moses Lake, Spokane|
- FAA Airport Master Record for YKM ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (YKM: Yakima Air Terminal)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). faa.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). faa.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). faa.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- Yakima Air Terminal - McAllister Field, official site
- McAllister Field at WSDOT Aviation
- Aerial image as of July 1996 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective September 13, 2018
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Yakima Air Terminal (YKM), effective September 13, 2018
- Resources for this airport: