|Birth name||Яков Ануфриевич Рыльский|
|Full name||Yakov Anufrievich Rylsky|
|Born||25 October 1928|
Aleksandrovka, East Kazakhstan Region, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
|Died||9 December 1999 (aged 71)|
|Achievements and titles|
|World finals||3-time gold medalist in individual sabre at the World Championships (1958, 1961, and 1963)|
Yakov Anufrievich Rylsky (Russian: Яков Ануфриевич Рыльский) (October 25, 1928, in the village of Aleksandrovka, Verkhubinsky District, East Kazakhstan Region – December 9, 1999, in Moscow) was an Olympic champion and three-time world champion sabre fencer of the Soviet Union. He competed in three Olympiads, and won two medals for the Soviet Union's fencing team.
Rylsky was the Soviet sabre champion from 1954–58. In 1963, he was the winner of the Dantzer Cup in Paris. He was a Merited Master of Sport in the Soviet Union, the highest honor give to Soviet athletes.
Rylsky was a 3-time gold medalist in individual sabre at the World Fencing Championshipss (the 1958 World Fencing Championships, 1961 World Fencing Championships, and 1963 World Fencing Championships).
Rylsky competed in the individual and team sabre events in Fencing at the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne. In the team competition, Rylsky and his teammates lost to Poland (9–7) and Hungary (9–7) in the final pool, but won the bronze medal by beating France in the third-place match. Rylsky was eliminated in the second round of the individual competition.
Rylsky participated in individual and team events in Fencing at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome. They finished fifth in the team event, and Rylsky reached the finals in the individual competition and finished eighth.
- (in Russian) Article on Yakov Rylsky in Sovetsky Sport newspaper
- Joseph M. Siegman (1992). The International Jewish Sports Hall ... ISBN 9781561710287. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Everyman's Judaica: An Encyclopedic Dictionary
- "Olympics Statistics: Yakov Rylsky". databaseolympics.com. Archived from the original on March 7, 2012. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "Yakov Rylsky Olympic Results". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on April 17, 2020. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "Soviet News" Booklet[s]
- (in Russian) Profile at the Russian Fencing Federation
- The International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame - Joseph M. Siegman
- Encyclopedia of Jews in Sports - Bernard Postal, Jesse Silver, Roy Silver
- Boris Khavin (1979). All about Olympic Games (in Russian) (2nd ed.). Moscow: Fizkultura i sport. p. 576.
- Sports 123: Fencing: World Championships: Men: Sabre
- Yakov Rylsky Bio, Stats, and Results | Olympics at Sports-Reference.com