View over Yakumo-chō
Location of Yakumo in Hokkaido
|• Mayor||Katsunori Iwamura|
|• Total||955.98 km2 (369.11 sq mi)|
|• Density||18/km2 (47/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Japanese yew|
|• Bird||Steller's sea eagle|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||138-1, Sumizome-chō, Yakumo-cho, Futami-gun, Hokkaidō
On October 1, 2005, the town of Kumaishi (from Nishi District, Hiyama Subprefecture) was merged into Yakumo (formerly part of Yamakoshi District); now in the newly created Futami District. The former town of Kumaishi joined Oshima Subprefecture at the same time.
- 1881: The village of Yakumo was founded in Yamakosi District.
- 1919: Yakumo village became Yakumo town.
- 1957: Otoshibe village in Kayabe District was merged into Yakumo town.
- 1962: Kumaishi village became Kumaishi town.
- 2005: Yakumo town and Kumaishi town was merged to form new town of Yakumo in Futami District. (Because of it, Hiyama Subprefecture was divided between north and south.)
- Hakodate Main Line: Otoshibe - Nodaoi - Yamakoshi - Yakumo - Washinosu - Yamasaki - Kuroiwa
- Hokkaido Expressway: Yakumo IC - Yakumo PA - Otoshibe IC
- Route 5
Notable people from Yakumo
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|