|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Website||Municipality of Yalıkavak official site|
Yalıkavak is a town near Bodrum in Muğla province, on the Aegean coast of Turkey. It is 18 kilometres (11 miles) from Bodrum and located at the north eastern tip of the Bodrum peninsula. It has been inhabited since near the end of the second millennium B.C. It is an important tourist resort.
Formerly the Bodrum area’s main sponge fishing port, Yalikavak is considered the most elite village on the Bodrum Peninsula. It has a bustling centre, particularly on market day (Thursday), many beaches including two blue flag beaches one at the port and the other the public beach. It also has many high quality restaurants as well as several magnificent bays. Yalıkavak is surrounded by hills offering tourists views of the town and nearby Mediterranean coastline.
The port Palmarina Bodrum (formerly Port Bodrum Marina) is also in Yalikavak with 620 berths for yachts up to 100m which also has a 2,500 seat Amphitheatre. It was bought in 2011 for 42 million dollars with plans to increase capacity to 800.
- Demography of Yalikavak
- General information about yalikavack from the Palmarina website
- National Geographic World's Best Travel Experiences, 2010, p. 169.
- Port Bodrum Beach on the Blue Flag website
- Yalikavak public Beach on the Blue Flag website
- Trip Advisor Reviews of Yalikavak's Restaurants
- Notice of Race on Yalikavak Belediyesi
- Photos of the Championships on Flickr
- Review of the Championships on Telegraph website
- Amphitheatre information on the Port Bodrum website
- News of purchase of marina
- Municipality of Yalıkavak official site
- Yalikavak.com: News, videos, lifestyle and property information about Yalıkavak
- Palmarina official site
- A comprehensive website on Yalikavak and the resorts of the Bodrum peninsular.
- Pictures of Yalikavak
- Yalikavak and Bodrum travel guide.
- "Turkey's historic windmills to be rotated for tourism". Hurriyet English (Hürriyet). 25 August 2008. Retrieved 18 October 2010.