Yalding House is a building at 152–156 Great Portland Street, London, United Kingdom. It was formerly owned by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), and from 1952 until 2013 housed the corporation's music department.
The BBC Central Music Library was located on the ground floor and basement: the building's former role as a car showroom made it ideal for the heavy shelving required to store the collection. The BBC Third Programme, later renamed Radio 3, was also based at Yalding House.
On 14 December 2012, Radio 1 broadcast its last ever show from Yalding House which was The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw.
Yalding House contained five studios which were used to broadcast shows on Radio 1 and 1Xtra.
- Studio Y1 - used mainly for production.
- Studio Y2 - used by The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw, The Official Chart with Reggie Yates, Scott Mills and Greg James.
- Studio Y3 - used by Fearne Cotton, Zane Lowe and Huw Stephens.
- Studios Y4&Y5 - used mainly by 1Xtra, but occasionally by Radio 1, as needed.
- "Yalding House Redevelopment". e-architect. 21 March 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "History: Egton House". Radio Rewind. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- 06:30 (2012-12-14). "BBC Radio 1 - The Radio 1 Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw, The morning after". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-08-17.