Yale Journal on Regulation
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Yal J. Regul.|
|Edited by||John Brinkerhoff, Ryan Yeh|
Yale Journal on Regulation (United States)
The Yale Journal on Regulation (Bluebook abbreviation: Yale J. on Reg.) is a biannual student-edited law review covering regulatory and administrative law published at Yale Law School. The journal publishes articles, essays, notes, and commentaries that cover a wide range of topics in regulatory, corporate, administrative, international, and comparative law. According to the 2015 Washington and Lee University law journal rankings, the journal is ranked first in Administrative Law, in Corporations and Associations, in Bankruptcy, in Commercial Law, in Communications Law, Media and Journalism, and in Health, Medicine, Psychology and Psychiatry. The 2007 ExpressO Guide to Top Law Reviews ranked the journal first among business law reviews based on the number of manuscripts received.
The journal was established in 1983 by Mark Goldberg and Bruce Judson. It has featured symposia and special issues on environmental law, federalism, and telecommunications. In 2009, it was a sponsor of the Weil, Gotshal & Manges Roundtable on the "Future of Financial Regulation," where legal academics and panelists evaluated the causes of the subprime mortgage crisis and proposed solutions.
In 2008, the journal launched the Walton H. Hamilton Prize (in honor of the former Yale Law professor, New Deal economic advisor, and antitrust division official Walton Hale Hamilton), awarded to the most outstanding accepted manuscript on the study and understanding of regulatory policy.
- Daniel C. Esty – Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and Professor at Yale Law School
- Elizabeth Esty – U.S. Representative for Connecticut's 5th congressional district
- Jack Goldsmith – Henry L. Shattuck Professor of Law at Harvard Law School
- David Huebner – United States Ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa
- Bruce Judson – author and media innovator
- Claire Priest – Professor of Law at Yale Law School
- Richard J. Sullivan – United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York
- Bryan Townsend – Delaware State Senator
- Kevin K. Washburn – Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Indian Affairs
- "Law Journals: Submissions and Ranking". Washington and Lee University School of Law. 2016-04-08. Retrieved 2016-06-13.
- "2007 ExpressO Law Review Submissions Guide". The Berkeley Electronic Press. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- Judson, Bruce (2008). "Remarks at the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of the Yale Journal on Regulation". Yale Journal on Regulation. p. 331.
- "Nominations Confirmed (Civilian)". United States Senate. United States Senate. November 20, 2009. Retrieved November 21, 2009.
- "Claire Priest | Yale Law School". Yale University School of Law. Retrieved 2013-05-11.