From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up yama in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yama is the lord of death in vedic mythology.
- Yama (Hinduism), in the context of Hinduism
- Yama (East Asia), in the context of East Asian mythology
Yama may also refer to:
- Yama, Burkina Faso, a village in central Burkina Faso
- Yama, Missouri, a community in the United States
- Yama District, Fukushima, an administrative district in Japan
- Yama, a former name of the town Kingisepp in Russia
- The Pit (memorial) (in Russian: Yama), a Holocaust memorial at the location of the Minsk Ghetto in nowadays Belarus
- Yamas, codes of conduct described in various Hindu scriptures
- Yama (album), a 1979 album by Art Farmer with Joe Henderson
- Yamá, a trade language used by some Native American tribes around the Gulf of Mexico
- Gul Ahmmad Yama, a candidate in Afghanistan's 2009 Presidential elections
- Yama, the Japanese word for mountain
- Yama security module, a security module for the Linux kernel
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yama.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.