|Directed by||S.S. Rajamouli|
|Produced by||Urmila Gunnam
|Written by||K. V. Vijayendra Prasad|
|Music by||M. M. Keeravani|
|Cinematography||K. K. Senthil Kumar|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
Yamadonga is a 2007 Telugu fantasy comedy film directed by S.S. Rajamouli and produced by Urmila Gangaraju and P. Chiranjeevi. The film stars Mohan Babu, Jr. NTR, Priyamani and Mamta Mohandas in the lead roles. The film released worldwide on 15 August 2007. Upon release, the film was a critical and box office success. It was also dubbed into Hindi as Lok Parlok. The storyline of the movie was inspired from the movies Yamagola and Yamudiki Mogudu.
Raja (Jr. NTR), an orphan, is a ruthless robber. He dreams of earning a fast buck so that he can settle down in life. And then, he stumbles on a fine opportunity. Mahi (Priyamani), a rich heiress, falls in love with him. The young woman happens to be his childhood well-wisher and has always considered him her prince.
He plans to surrender her to a gang who wants to kill her for her riches. But the villains play foul and kill him. Raja reaches Yamaloka. He creates confusion in Yamaloka by stealing Yamapasam since one in possession of Yamapasam will become Yama. The rest of the story is all about how Yama (Mohan Babu) and Raja try to outsmart each other. After regaining power, Yama sends Raja back to earth, only to take away his life once again. How Raja escapes from the wrath of Yama and lives a long life with Mahi, whom he loves later, forms the crux of the story.
- Jr NTR as Raja
- Mohan Babu as Yama Dharma Raja
- Priyamani as Maheshwari
- Mamta Mohandas as Dhanalakshm
- Kushboo as Yama's wife
- Ali as Sathi
- Brahmanandam as Chitra Gupta
- Navneet Kaur as Rambha (Guest appearance in a song)
- Preeti Jhangiani as Urvasi (Guest appearance in a song)
- Archana as Menaka (Guest appearance in a song)
- Rambha as Guest appearance in song "Nachore"
- MS Narayana
- Jaya Prakash Reddy
- Rajiv Kanakala as Indra
Oneindia.in described as "The film is a visual treat for all ages and classes. Rajamouli has done an excellent job molding NTR Jr's character in the film much like his grandfather's and also for bringing NTR back on the screen in an animated form. NTR Jr's overall performance and his dialogue delivery are a joy to watch. Mohanbabu playing 'Yama' once again proved to be the versatile actor that he is".
Sify gave an "average" verdict explained "This socio-fantasy film works, thanks to the new look of NTR and enigmatic performance of Mohan Babu. The songs and background score of MM Keeravani, the technical aspects and entertainer quotient in the first half make the film watchable". jeevi of idlebrain gave 3/5 stars said "First half of the film is entertaining. The second half should have been better. The plus points of the film are Mohan Babu, NTR, sets, cinematography and music. On the flip side, the screenplay of the film is not gripping in second half (after NTR returns to earth). The runtime of the film is pretty lengthy (3.05 hours)".
The film successfully completed 100-day run in 92 centres and went on to became one of the top five Telugu films of the year 2007. The film holds a record of highest theaters for 50 days with 405 theaters.
The music was composed by M. M. Keeravani.
|1||"Nuvvu Muttukunte"||Ranjith, Pranavi||3:52||Ananta Sriram|
|2||"Rabbaru Gajulu"||Daler Mehndi||5:19||Ananta Sriram|
|3||"Olammi Tikkareginda"||Jr. NTR, Mamta Mohandas||4:33||Bhuvanachandra|
|4||"Nachore Nachore"||Deepu, Vasundhara Das||4:20||Bhuvanachandra|
|5||"Noonogameesoludu"||M. M. Keeravani, Sunitha Upadrashta||5:00||Ananta Sriram|
|6||"Young Yama"||Shankar Mahadevan, Mano, M. M. Keeravani, Pranavi||5:01||Bhuvanachandra|
|8||"Chalachallagali"||M. M. Keeravani, Sangeetha||1:01||Bhuvanachandra|
|9||"Bambham Chumbanala"||Mano, Pranavi||1:48||Bhuvanachandra|
- Best Editor – Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao
- Best Makeup Artist – Nalla Seenu
- Best Costume Designer – Ramaa Rajamouli
- Nandi Award for Best Special Effects – Kamal Kannan
- Filmfare Awards 2008
- CineMAA Awards 2008
- Best Actor – Jr NTR
The DVD version of the film was released on 29 February 2008. This DVD release was distributed by Tolly2Holly all around the world, but for India. It is available in 16:9 Anamorphic widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, progressive 24 FPS, widescreen and NTSC format.
- Actress Priyamani slipped while walking on the stones and got her ankle sprained with minor bleeding injury during shooting.
- Late actor Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao plays a small role in the film through graphics.
- Kirat Bhattal and Meera Chopra rejected the role played by Priya Mani.
- This movie was also dubbed into Hindi language as well, named Lok Parlok.
- This movie was dubbed into Oriya as Yamraja.
- "Box-Office: 'Yamadonga' Topped and Rest Dropped". greatandhra. Retrieved 19 August 2007.
- "Yamadonga – Review". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 16 August 2007.
- "Yamadonga Review".
- "Yamadonga". idlebrain. Retrieved 15 August 2007.
- "Top two Telugu films until 2007". Rediff.
- "Yamdonga 50 days centers". Nandamurifans.
- "Nandi awards 2007 announced". idlebrain. Retrieved 12 January 2008.
- "Yamadonga DVD Info". Retrieved 24 March 2008.
- "Yamadonga DTS". Retrieved 24 March 2008.
- "indiaglitz.com". Priyamani injured in shooting. Retrieved 16 January 2007.
- "nonstopcinema.com". Soundarya in NTR-Rajamouli's Yamadonga!. Archived from the original on 11 January 2007. Retrieved 16 January 2007.