Yamaha DTX series
DTX is the line of electronic MIDI drum kit and percussion sets manufactured by Yamaha Corporation. The DTX Trigger System is a custom drum module which can be used to trigger sounds with acoustic drums. A modified version of the DTX kit can be found in two drumming games: MTV Drumscape and Drummania.
- DTX400 Series, the entry level model. It supports up to 9 triggers, including a 3-zone snare, two cymbals, 3 tom pads, hi-hat and kick. The module has 10 editable kits, and have a USB-MIDI port.
- DTX500 Series, the mid-level model. It supports up to 12 triggers including a 3-zone snare, 2 3-zone cymbals, dual-zone hi-hat and 8 single-zone inputs, including kick. The module contains 50 different kits and has both USB and MIDI (except the DTX 500 only has MIDI interface) connections
- DTX700 Series, the upper-range model. It supports up to 11 distinct triggers including 3-zone snare, hi-hat, cymbals and toms. 2 inputs are single-zone including the kick.
- DTX900 Series, the flagship model. It supports up to 15 distinct triggers including 3-zone snare, hi-hat, cymbals and toms. 2 inputs are single-zone including the kick. The module contains 100 different drum kits and has both USB and MIDI.
The second number e.g. the '2' in DTX520k refers to the configuration of the assembled kit. Generally, a '5' or '6' indicates that the module have all possible triggers fully connected, whereas a '0' indicates that only a basic set of pads and cymbals are included.
- DTXplorer - predecessor to the DTX400 Series
- DTXpress - predecessor to the DTX500 Series
- DTXtreme - predecessor to the DTX700/DTX900 Series
Yamaha DTX Drum Modules
|Drum Module||Instruments||Kits||Polyphony||Trigger Inputs||Outputs||Midi|
|DTXTREME III||100||64||15||13 (1-9,12-15)||2 (10,11)||2||6||In/Out|
|DTX900||1115||100||64||15||13 (1-9,12-15)||2 (10,11)||2||6||In/Out,
|DTX700||1268||60||64||11||-||-||9 (1-8,11)||2 (9,10)||In/Out|
|DTX502||691||100||32||9||4 (1,5,6,9)||4 (2,3,4,7)||1||USB|
|DTX900M||1115||100||64||15||13 (1-9,12-15)||2 (10,11)|