Yamaha V-Ixion (Indonesia)
|Manufacturer||Yamaha Motor Company|
|Also called||Yamaha V-Ixion (Indonesia)|
|Parent company||Yamaha Corporation|
|Engine||149.8 cc (9.14 cu in) liquid-cooled 4-stroke 4-valve SOHC single-cylinder (V-Ixion)
155.1 cc (9.46 cu in) liquid-cooled 4-stroke 4-valve SOHC single-cylinder with Variable Valve Actuation (V-Ixion R)
|Power||12.2 kW (16.3 hp) (claimed) @ 8,500 rpm|
|Torque||14.4 N·m (10.6 lb·ft) (claimed) @ 7,500 rpm|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh with multi-plate clutch (V-Ixion)
6-speed constant mesh (V-Ixion R)
|Frame type||Steel twin-spar (Deltabox)|
|Suspension||Front: Telescopic fork
Rear: Steel swingarm with monoshock (V-Ixion); aluminium swingarm with monoshock (V-Ixion R)
|Brakes||Front: Single hydraulic disc with dual piston
Rear: Single hydraulic disc with single piston
Rear: 120/70-17 (V-Ixion); 130/70-17 (V-Ixion R)
|Wheelbase||1,295 mm (51.0 in) (V-Ixion)
1,320 mm (52 in) (V-Ixion R)
|Dimensions||L: 1,955 mm (77.0 in) (V-Ixion)
1,950 mm (77 in) (V-Ixion R)
W: 720 mm (28 in)
H: 1,025 mm (40.4 in)
|Seat height||795 mm (31.3 in)|
|Fuel capacity||12 l (2.6 imp gal; 3.2 US gal) (V-Ixion)
11 l (2.4 imp gal; 2.9 US gal) (V-Ixion R)
The Yamaha FZ150i is a lightweight 150 cc motorcycle manufactured by Yamaha Motor Company exclusively for Asian and Indian markets. It was launched in Malaysia in January 2008 at First World Hotel, Genting Highlands as the first completely knocked down (CKD) bike to be fuel-injected in Asian motorcycle market. In Indonesia it is known as the Yamaha V-Ixion.
In Malaysia, the FZ150i is locally assembled at the Hong Leong Yamaha (HLY) plant at Sungai Buloh, Selangor. According to HLY web site, this model is expected to be sold by 500 units a month after the first year of its introduction. Apart from Malaysia, the FZ150i is also available in other Asian countries such as in Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam.
The updated version of the FZ150i was launched in Indonesia as V-Ixion Lightning in 2013 and in Malaysia in April 2014. The engine is upgraded to produce 12.2 kW (16.3 hp) with 14.4 N·m (10.6 lb·ft).An oxygen sensor was added to the exhaust port of the engine. The front and rear tires were upgraded with Dunlop D102A 90/80-17 at the front and 120/70-17 at the rear, mated with star-shaped 5-spoke alloy wheels. Rear braking is improved by using a Nissin single piston calliper with 200 mm disc. It has a grab bar for pillion is positioned under the side rear body of the bike.
In late 2015, the bike had some minor changes including the redesigned headlamp and instrument panels, shorter rear fender, and an Euro 3 compliant exhaust system. This model is known as V-Ixion Advance in Indonesia.
- Standard V-Ixion which used the same engine, frame, transmission, wheels, and rear swingarm as the previous version.
- V-Ixion R which shared the same engine, frame, transmission, wheels, and rear swingarm as the 2017 version of the YZF-R15. This variant has a wider rear tire and longer wheelbase compared to the standard version.
- "FZ150i". Yamaha. Retrieved May 1, 2017.
- "Yamaha FZ150i - First Fuel Injected Motorcycle To Be Launched In Malaysia". Biker Voodoo. January 30, 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- "FZ150i Launch" (PDF). Hong Leong Yamaha. January 16, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-27.
- Pratama, Ilham (April 27, 2017). "Yamaha Luncurkan All New V-Ixion dan V-Ixion R, Harga Mulai Rp 26 Juta". Otorider.com. Retrieved May 1, 2017.
- Yamaha Motor Co.,Ltd. (in Japanese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yamaha FZ150i.|
|This motorcycle, scooter or moped-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|