The VSS-200 is one of three sampling keyboards in the PortaSound series, along with the VSS-30 and the VSS-100. It uses FM Synthesis to generate sounds and contained 100 presets. It can also record short samples using the built-in microphone, or via a line in on the rear of the unit. It is also possible to sample the internal sounds in order to process them with the DSP effects. Samples can be assigned to the melody (default setting), bass, and chord sections, allowing them to be used as part of the auto accompaniment modes.
- 49 keys
- Up to 6 voice polyphony (depending on the mode used)
- 100 voice presets
- 10 rhythm patterns: 8 Beat, 16 Beat, Rock-A-Ballad, Samba, Bossa Nova, Tango, Swing, Disco, Waltz, March
- 3 Auto Accompaniment modes: Single Finger A.B.C., Auto Bass, Auto Bass Chord
- Sample bit depth: 8 Bit
- Sample length: 1.9 seconds
- Sampling modes: Microphone/Sample Input, Internal voice bank, Overdub
- 9 DSP effects: Loop, U-Turn, Reverse, Echo, Fuzz, FM, AM, Level, Pitch
- ADSR Volume Envelope
- Power source: 9VDC by six "C" size batteries or external power supply.
- Output Ports: 6.35mm Headphone/Aux socket
- Input Port: Sample In (RCA)
-  Owner's Guide at manufacturer's site