Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Yamaha PortaSound VSS-30 is a voice sampling keyboard in the VSS line of samplers. It was released in 1987. Despite being seen as a toy the VSS-30 has achieved some popularity amongst experimental musicians such as Sigur Rós
- 11 Internal Sounds: Piano, Harpsichord, Banjo, Vibes, Marimba, Crystal, Strings, Jazz Organ, Brass, Clarinet and Galaxy.
- 7 Effects: Loop, U-Turn, Reverse, Echo, Fuzz, Frequency Modulation and Amplitude Modulation.
- No built in rhythms but the Arpeggio makes up for this short fall.
- Features a basic pattern recorder using the arpeggio.
- Over Write mode for layering more than one sample for some interesting results.