This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Performance at Sangeet Natak Akademi Delhi
1 September 1982 |
|Alma mater||Lady Shri Ram College for Women|
|Known for||Indian Classical Dance|
Yamini Reddy (born 1 September 1982) is Indian classical dancer, a kuchipudi exponent.
She received her training from her parents and gave her first performance in New Delhi when she was only three. She has inherited her father's tandava and mother's lasya, a combination that is evident in her style.
She did her schooling at Modern School Barakhamba Road, New Delhi and her graduation from Lady Shri Ram College for Women. She is an MBA graduate. She turned down an offer to do medicine and concentrated on dance.
In addition to touring she teaches Kuchipudi at Natyatarangini Dance School, Hyderabad branch.
She has toured the United Kingdom, France, the United States, South East Asia, Russia and United Arab Emirates. In Dublin, the mayor presented her with the key to the city.
Reddy is married and lives in Hyderabad. She has a son.
- Yuva Ratna Award
- Youth Vocational Excellence award
- FICCI young achiever's award
- Devadasi National Award
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar for dedication towards Kuchipudi Dance.
- "Kuchipudi doyens Raja-Radha Reddy leave Hyderabadis mesmerised - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Kumar, Ranee (5 November 2015). "Unity in duality". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "Moving to Hyderabad got me out of the shadow of Raja and Radha Reddy - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "In the city..." Deccan Herald. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "A dance of emotions". The Asian Age. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- www.yaminireddy.com official site