Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se
|Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se|
|Directed by||Navaniat Singh|
|Produced by||Kamayani Punia Sharma|
|Written by||Bunty Rathore|
|Screenplay by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Story by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Cinematography||Jitan Harmeet Singh|
|Edited by||Manish More|
Sunny Sounds Pvt. Ltd.
Pen India Limited
|Distributed by||Pen India Limited|
|Box office||₹14.94 crore|
Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se (transl. Crazy mad lover: Once again; Hindi pronunciation: [jəməlaː pəgəlaː d̪iːʋaːnaː pʰɪɾ seː]) is a 2018 Indian Bollywood action comedy film, directed by Navaniat Singh. It is a sequel to the 2013 film, Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 and the third installment of Yamla Pagla Deewana film series. The film stars Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol and Kriti Kharbanda in lead roles and had its worldwide theatrical release on 31 August 2018.
The film revolves around 2 brothers namely Puran (Sunny Deol) and Kala (Bobby Deol). They live in Amritsar, Punjab where Puran manages the old Dawakhana of his ancestors based on Ayurveda. Kala is a notorious younger brother who wants to earn money, contradictory to Puran who wants to spread the cheaper way of medication rather than commercialization by private pharmaceutical companies. Mafatiya Pharmaceuticals is one such company who offers a huge sum of money in turn for the process of making Vajrakavach, the ayurvedic remedy that cures all ilnesses. He instantly rejects Mafatiya's offer and punches him, causing him to bleed and he plans on taking revenge from Puran. Parmar (Dharmendra) is an old Lawyer living as the tenant in Puran and Kale's house. He pays only Rs. 115 rent since more than 30 years and annoys Kala a lot. He is also an admirer of angels and sees a lot of Angels(Apsara) who no one can see. A surgeon from Gujarat named Chiku (Kriti Kharbanda) is a carefree girl who drinks and parties. She wants to have a clinic of her own someday. She decides to go to Punjab to study Ayurveda under Puran. Instead after a series of twists and turns, it is revealed that Mafatiya sent her to steal the Vajrakavach. She steals the old manuscripts for the process of making Vajrakavach while everyone is out to enjoy an engagement party. She leaves for Gujarat and Kala, who has fallen for her, tries to keep contact with her, but fails. Mafatiya now, sends a legal notice to Puran as he has now patented the Vajrakavach and renamed it the Cure Medicine. Puran, now left to battle Mafatiya, contacts Parmar. They all agree and go to Gujarat and live in the same colony, unknowingly where Chiku also lives. The colony, who hates Punjabis, starts to like Puran as he cures an incurable girl with bad eyesight. During the lawsuit, the judge is revealed to be an old friend of Parmar's (Shatrughan Sinha). After 2 dates, Mafatiya offers Parmar 10 crores and Parmar agrees. He and Kala go to Puran but he is dissapointed with both of them. As he is leaving for Punjab, Chiku arrives and confesses to have stolen the Vajrakavach. She plans to tell the truth next day in court but Mafatiya kidnaps her. Puran fights the goons and gets her back and she tells the truth in court. Mafatiya Pharma is closed down and Puran is given back his ancestral heritage. He tells the Ayurveda is the best medicine of all and we should preserve it. .
- Dharmendra as Jaywant Parmar
- Sunny Deol as Pooran
- Bobby Deol as Kalaa
- Kriti Kharbanda as Chikoo
- Binnu Dhillon as Billa
- Shatrughan Sinha as Judge Sunil Sinha
- Asrani as Nanu
- Satish Kaushik as Lawyer Bedi
- Mohan Kapoor as Marfatia
- Paresh Ganatra as Paresh Patel
- Rajesh Sharma as Lawyer Bhatia
- Ashu Sharma as Preston
- Anita Devgan as Sati
- Bharat Bhatia as Sainath
- Salman Khan as Mastana (Cameo Appearance)
- Priyanka Lalwani Special Role
- Rekha Special Appearance
- Sonakshi Sinha Special Appearance
The official announcement of the film was made in June 2017.
The film will continue to have the franchise's original male cast: Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol. However, there will be a different set of leading ladies paired opposite them. In August 2017, it was reported that Kriti Kharbanda had been finalized to play the female lead in the film.
Marketing and promotion
The first look of the film was revealed by Taran Adarsh as well as Deol's Twitter handles on 13 June 2018 citing the release date to be 15 August 2018. The second poster of the film was released on 30 July 2018 by Sunny Deol on his Instagram handle which showed the release date of the film as 31 August 2018.
The first teaser of the film was released on 14th June 2018. The teaser showcased three Deols, leading lady Kriti Kharbanda and Salman Khan as narrator and a cameo appearance. A trailer was released on 10th August 2018.
The film received generally poor reviews. All the reviews were particularly critical of the film's weak plot and slapstick comedy that wasn't too funny. Ronak Kotecha of The Times of India gave it 2.5/5 stars calling it a loud comedy that loses much of its steam in the second half and culminates into a predictable climax.
|Yamla Pagla Deewana : Phir Se|
|Soundtrack album by Sanjeev-Darshan, Sachet-Parampara, Vishal Mishra and D Soldierz|
|Released||31 August 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Vishal Mishra chronology|
The soundtrack of the film has been composed by Sanjeev-Darshan, Sachet - Parampara, Vishal Mishra and D Soldierz while the lyrics have been written by Pulkit Rishi, Kunwar Juneja and D Soldierz. The song "Rafta Rafta" which is rapped by Rekha and sung by Sonakshi Sinha
|1.||"Rafta Rafta Medley"||Kunwar Juneja||Vishal Mishra||Rekha, Sonakshi Sinha, Vishal Mishra, Jordi Patel, Disha Sharma, Akash Ojha||4:57|
|2.||"Nazarbattu"||Pulkit Rishi||Sachet-Parampara||Sachet Tandon||3:10|
|3.||"Little Little"||D Soldierz||D Soldierz||Harrdy Sandhu||3:15|
|4.||"Tunu Tunu"||Kunwar Juneja||Sanjeev Darshan||Alamgir Khan, Jyotica Tangri||3:09|
- "Stree and Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se now in cinema halls today". India TV News. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "Box Office: Worldwide collection and days wise break up of Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "Kajal Aggarwal to play Bobby Deol's love interest in 'Yamla Pagla Deewana 3'?". The Times of India. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "REVEALED: Kajal Aggarwal to play one of the leading ladies in Yamla Pagla Deewana and this will be her role". Bollywood Hungama. 11 July 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se - Official Teaser". YouTube.
- "Reunion of Dharamendra and his boys with 'Yamla Pagla Deewana 3'!". Bangalore Mirror. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "Kriti Kharbanda to play the leading lady in Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se". Mumbai Mirror.
- "Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se shoot begins, Bobby Deol and Dharmendra become Jay and Viru. See pic". The Indian Express. 12 August 2017. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
- "First posters of Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se promise fun and frolic. See here". Hindustan Times. 13 June 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Sunny Deol Unveils Second Poster Of His Next, Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se". Headlines Today. 30 July 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se teaser: Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby Deol promise a 'Fun-jabi' film". The Indian Express. 2018-06-14. Retrieved 2018-07-31.
- "Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se trailer: The Deols claim that this is a 'comedy'". The Indian Express.
- "Yamala Pagla Deewana : Phir Se - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Saavn.
- "Dharmendra and Rekha recreate Rafta Rafta". 12 August 2018.