This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||July 24, 2002|
|Ivan Glazachev, CEO;|
|Services||Electronic payment service|
YooMoney branded as ЮMoney, formerly known as Yandex.Money (Russian: Яндекс.Деньги), is Russia's second largest electronic payment service after "Sberbank Online" according to a 2020 research by Mediascope. It is an online payment service that works with two types of clients — individual users and merchants.
The service is the joint venture of Russia's leading search engine Yandex (NASDAQ: YNDX), and Russia's largest bank Sberbank. Currently, Sberbank owns a 100% stake in the company. The program launched in 2002. With new stakeholders, Yandex.Money obtained access to a broad payment infrastructure of Sberbank including ATMs, terminals and online banking.
The company's headquarters are in Moscow, Russia. It has branch offices in Saint Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod. Ivan Glazachev is Yandex.Money Chief Executive Officer. He became the head of the company on 1 March 2017.
Yandex.Money has a b2b service Yandex.Checkout  — a payment aggregator for online stores and other businesses that need payments on their online platforms. Yandex.Checkout was launched by Yandex.Money in 2013. Yandex.Checkout is currently the leading service for accepting online payments in Russia, according to a 2016 survey by MARC. With this payment system, merchants from all over the world can offer Russian consumers the online payment methods most popular among Russians and CIS-citizens just in one button ‘Pay with Yandex’: bank cards, direct debit (online banking), e-wallets, mobile phones, and cash via mobile retailers and payment kiosks (there are over 250 thousand cash-acceptance points all over CIS).  Currently more than 76,000 online stores across the globe use Yandex.Checkout, including such partners as Skype, AliExpress (Alibaba), JD.com and BlaBlaCar.
Yandex.Money also has an e-wallet, which is the original product of the company. Yandex.Money offers consumers easy, safe, and reliable methods of paying online on its own site  and mobile app. The service hosts about 30 million user accounts with about 15,000 new accounts opened daily. Recent TNS research  showed that Yandex.Money is the most popular e-wallet in Russia: every third user of the Internet in Russia pays by Yandex.Money e-wallet. Using Yandex.Money, gamers also can pay on Nintendo, top up an account on Steam, Wargaming, Riot Games, buy codes for Apple (iTunes) and Xbox. Yandex.Money became the official sales operator of the popular game publisher Electronic Arts. Russian users can now buy FIFA 17 for PC and Xbox through the service. Yandex.Money also distributes Blizzard Entertainment virtual cards, which provide users with a payment option for Blizzard's online games: World of Warcraft, Overwatch (video game), Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft, Hearthstone (video game), and Diablo (series) and be used for online casinos
Customers can also use Yandex.Money cards as a form of payment: both plastic and virtual MasterCards are available for issuing. In 2015 Yandex.Money received MasterCard Principal Member status. By the 2016 Yandex.Money has issued more than 500,000 plastic cards and 11 million virtual MasterCards. Yandex.Money was among the first to bring its users Apple Pay in Russia, which is transforming mobile payments with an easy, secure and private way to pay in stores, apps and on the web. Customers can pay via Apple Pay by adding their plastic or virtual prepaid Yandex.Money cards to Apple Wallet. Online stores and other merchants, which accept payments via Yandex.Checkout, can also offer consumers fast and convenient contactless payment via Apple Pay. With Touch ID there is no need to manually fill out lengthy payment forms or repeatedly type in billing information.
More than 4 million users have downloaded the Yandex.Money mobile app. 35% of them use an iOS device. Using the app, they can transfer funds via iMessage, pay bills — such as utilities, internet, mobile services — make loan payments, access their most frequent payments, and more. Users can also download the Yandex.Money app on Apple Watch. Yandex.Money mobile application Yandex.Fines for iOS implemented a new feature, which enables paying for traffic fines via Apple Pay.
- "Yandex and Sberbank Announce Joint Venture for Electronic-Money Solutions". Money.yandex.ru. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Yandex — History — History of Yandex". Yandex. Retrieved 2021-03-24.
- "TNS Russia Studied the Popularity of E-money - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Checkout: payment system for online stores and other services". checkout.yandex.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Most Popular Payment Solutions Among Online Stores: Russia 2015 - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "What is Yandex.Money? - The Fintech Times". thefintechtimes.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Global Online Retail Marketplace AliExpress Now Accepting Yandex.Money". Internet Retailer. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "Yandex.Money Becomes Payment Operator for JD.com - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Checkout to provide payments for BlaBlaCar in Russia - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Яндекс.Деньги". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Mobile Apps - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Profiling Users of E-Payment Systems in Russia 2015 - Russian Search Marketing". 16 June 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Nintendo starts selling digital games in Russia through Yandex". Venture Beat. Retrieved October 3, 2014.
- "Yandex.Checkout To Expand Collaboration With Riot Games - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "FIFA 17 is now available in Russia through Yandex.Money - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Money to Distribute Blizzard Entertainment Virtual Cards in Russia - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Money Bank Card - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- ""Яндекс.Деньги" начали выпускать собственные банковские карты". Российская газета. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Apple Pay comes to Yandex.Money customers via MasterCard". www.thepaypers.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Checkout to provide websites, apps with Apple Pay". www.thepaypers.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Money Brings Apple Pay to Customers - Yandex.Money". money.yandex.ru. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- News, East-West Digital (12 October 2016). "Yandex.Money introduces money transfers via iMessage". Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Money: online payments - Android Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Money to Launch Payments via Apple Watch - PaymentsJournal". www.paymentsjournal.com. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Yandex.Money Enables Users to Pay for Traffic Fines via Apple Pay". 12 December 2016. Retrieved 8 May 2017.