Type of site
|Web search engine|
|Alexa rank||23 (April 18 2018[update])|
Yandex Search is a web search engine owned by Russian corporation Yandex. It is the core product of Yandex. In January 2015 Yandex Search generated 51.2% of all search traffic in Russia according to LiveInternet.
The search technology provides local search results in more than 1,400 cities. Yandex Search also features “parallel” search that presents results from both main web index and specialized information resources, including news, shopping, blogs, images and videos on a single page.
Yandex Search is responsive to real-time queries, recognizing when a query requires the most current information, such as breaking news or the most recent post on Twitter on a particular topic. It also contains some additional features: Wizard Answer, which provides additional information (for example, sports results), spell checker, autocomplete which suggests queries as-you-type, antivirus that detects malware on webpages and so on.
The search product can be accessed from personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and other digital devices. In addition to web search, Yandex provides wide range of specialized search services.
In 2009, Yandex launched MatrixNet, a new method of machine learning that significantly improves the relevance of search results. It allows the Yandex’ search engine to take into account a very large number of factors when it makes the decision about relevancy of search results.
Another technology, Spectrum, was launched in 2010. It allows inferring implicit queries and returning matching search results. The system automatically analyses users' searches and identifies objects like personal names, films or cars. Proportions of the search results responding to different user intents are based on the user demand for these results.
The Yandex logo appears in numerous settings to identify the search engine company. Yandex has relied on several logos since its renaming, with the first logo created by Arkady Volozh and debuted in 1997 on Яndex.Site and Яndex.CD products, even before the announcement of the Yandex search engine. The logo was designed analog to the CompTek logo.
- "Yandex.ru Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "site statistics "Сайты Рунета"". www.liveinternet.ru. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "SEC: Yandex Form F-1 Registration Statement".
- Matt McGee, Search Engine Land. Russia’s Yandex Search Engine Goes Global. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- MatrixNet: New Level of Search Quality. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "Yandex — Technologies — Spectrum". Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- "Brave Browser Github page". Github. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- Когда мы говорим Яndex, мы подразумеваем Яндекс
- Четвертая версия логотипа «Яндекса»