Yanfang Line, Beijing Subway
|Yanfang Line, Beijing Subway|
|Operator(s)||Beijing Mass Transit Railway Operation Corp., Ltd|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
The line is Y-shaped, with the main line starting at Yanhua Station (燕化站) and the branch line starting at Zhoukoudianzhen Station (周口店镇站). The two merge at Raolefu Station (饶乐府站) before terminating at Yancun North Station (阎村北站), where the line connects to Fangshan Line.
Construction of the Yanfang Line was scheduled to commence in September 2011 and be completed by 2013. On October 17, 2011, the Ministry of Environmental Protection declined to approve plans for the line citing lack of approval for the project from the National Development and Reform Commission and uncertain environmental impact of the line on the South–North Water Transfer Project which has a channel and reservoir in Fangshan County. As a result, the onset of construction has been delayed to at least the end of 2013.
As of February 2016, construction on Yanfang Line has started, and the line is scheduled to open before December 31, 2017.
This line will be the first in Beijing to be capable of unattended train operations, and the first in China to exclusively use subsystems developed by domestic manufacturers.
- 巩峥 (6 January 2011). "周口店三年后通地铁". 北京日报 (Beijing Daily). Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- (Chinese) 北京轨交燕房线工程因环评未过被叫停 2011-10-18
- (Chinese) 北京地铁燕房线或今年底动工 2013-03-29
- "燕房线预计2017年年底开通 - 今日头条(TouTiao.com)". toutiao.com. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
-  Beijing's subway is going full bore China Daily 2017-4-5
-  Beijing has 350 km subway lines under construction in 2017 China Daily 2017-4-6