|Chinese name||楊冪 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||杨幂 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Yáng Mì (Mandarin)|
|Jyutping||Joeng4 Mik6 (Cantonese)|
12 September 1986 |
|Nationality||People's Republic Of China|
|Other name(s)||Mimi Yang|
|Occupation||Actress, singer, producer|
|Label(s)||Meh Ah Entertainment (2010-2012)
H&R Century (2013-2014)
Jay Walk Studio (Present)
|Years active||1991–present (actress)
|Spouse(s)||Hawick Lau (m. 2014)|
|Alma mater||Beijing Film Academy|
Yang Mi (born 12 September 1986) is a Chinese actress and singer. She made her acting debut in historical television series Tang Ming Huang, and later received recognition for her leading roles in various television series Chinese Paladin 3 (2009), Palace (2011), Swords of Legends (2014), The Interpreter (2016) and Eternal Love (2017); as well as films Mysterious Island (2011), Tiny Times (2013–2015), The Breakup Guru (2014) and The Witness (2015). In 2017, she won the Best Actress award at the WorldFest Houston International Festival for her performance in Reset (2017). Yang was chosen by Southern Metropolis Daily as one of the New Four Dan Actresses.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Other activities
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Filmography
- 6 Discography
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Yang Mi was born in Xuanwu District, Beijing to a police officer and a housewife. She was given name "幂" (exponentiation) because her parents both have the surname Yang. She graduated from the now-defunct Beijing Xuanwu Experimental Primary School. Yang is also a student of Beijing Film Academy's Performance Institute.
In 1990, at the age of four, Yang made her acting debut in the historical television series Tang Ming Huang directed by Chen Jialin, playing the role of young Princess Xianning. She also had a minor role as Beggar So's daughter in King of Beggars (1992), which starred Stephen Chow as the titular character. Two years later, she starred in the television series Hou Wa, where her acting left a deep impression on the producer.
In 2002, Yang received her first script and made her official acting debut in The Story of a Noble Family.
2006–2010: Rising popularity
In the late 2000s, Yang started to gain media attention with her roles in The Return of the Condor Heroes (2006) and Wang Zhao Jun (2007). Her popularity further rose after starring in the hit xianxia drama Chinese Paladin 3 (2009) as the female heroine.
She then starred in Li Shaohong's The Dream of Red Mansions (2010). Although her role was minor, she received praises for her acting. The same year, she starred in big-budget historical series Beauty's Rival in Palace.
2011–2016: Mainstream success
Yang achieved widespread fame with the time-travel hit, Palace (2011). She was voted the Most Popular Actress at the 17th Shanghai Television Festival. The theme song of the drama sung by Yang, titled "In support of the love", also topped China music portals and won Best Theme Song at the 6th Huading Awards. The same year she starred in horror film Mysterious Island, which raked in more than 70 million yuan at the box office and became the most successful horror film in China.
Mei Ah Entertainment announced that it will be producing four tailored-made films (Wu Dang, Chinese Princess Turandot, Windseeker, and Butterfly Cemetery) for Yang with a total investment of 300 million yuan for the four films due to the box office success of Mysterious Island. However, the films failed to live up to the success of Mysterious Island, and Yang was named Most Disappointed Actress at the Golden Broom Awards for her performance in Wu Dang.
Yang then starred in Beijing Love Story (2012), a modern romance drama directed by Chen Sicheng. The series was a hit, and Yang was once again voted the Most Popular Actress at the 9th China Golden Eagle TV Arts Festival. The same year she co-starred in Painted Skin: The Resurrection, a sequel to Gordon Chan's 2008 box office hit Painted Skin.
Yang was then announced to play the leading protagonist in the Tiny Times film series, based on Guo Jingming's best-selling novel of the same name. The first two installments of the film were released in 2013. Despite receiving negative films, Tiny Times was an overwhelming success at the box office. The same year, Yang produced her first television series, The Micro Era of Love (2014). She won the Most Capable Producer award at the 2013 Asian Idol Awards.
In 2014, Yang starred in the comedy film The Breakup Guru directed by Deng Chao. She then starred in xianxia drama Swords of Legends, which was a huge commercial success. With her achievements in both TV and films, Yang ranked #6 on Forbes China Celebrity 100 for the year.
In 2015, Yang starred in romance films Cities in Love, You Are My Sunshine (based on the popular novel Silent Separation written by Gu Man) and Fall in Love Like a Star. She also challenged the role of a blind girl in The Witness, a remake of the South Korean thriller Blind.
Yang made her small-screen comeback in the television series The Interpreter, which premiered on Hunan TV. The series was a huge ratings success, and subsequently became the highest-rated drama of 2016. She also featured in L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties, directed by Tiny Times director Guo Jingming. The same year, Yang became a cast member of Hunan TV's reality show, Takes a Real Man 2.
2017–present: Critical acclaim
In 2017, Yang starred in Eternal Love, adapted from the xianxia novel Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms by TangQi GongZi. The fantasy-romance drama was a massive hit both locally and internationally, and Yang received acclaim for her acting performance in the drama. She then starred in Reset produced by Jackie Chan, which led to her win for Best Actress at the 50th WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival. Yang will next star in wuxia film Brotherhood of Blades 2 alongside Chang Chen.
Since 2014, Yang Mi has established her own agency, Jay Walk Studio in collaboration with H&R Century Pictures. Some young talents she manage are Dilraba Dilmurat, Leon Zhang, Li Xi Rui, Liu Rui Lin, Vengo Gao and Vin Zhang, who has appeared with her in the television series The Microera of Love, Swords of Legends, The Interpreter, and Eternal Love.
In early 2012, Yang Mi revealed her relationship with an Hong Kong actor-singer Hawick Lau through her Weibo. Then on November 11, 2013 she announced their engagement. Yang Mi and Hawick Lau were married in Bali, Indonesia on January 8, 2014. Their wedding was attended by Tiffany Tang, Yang's close friend in the entertainment industry and her co-star in Chinese Paladin 3 (2009).
|1992||King of Beggars||武状元苏乞儿||Beggar So's daughter|
|1993||Heroes' Calamities||英雄劫||Mr Su's daughter|
|2005||Beijing Fairytale||北京童话||Zhu Zhu||TV movie|
|2011||Mysterious Island||孤岛惊魂||Shen Yilin|
|East Meets West 2011||东成西就2011||Yang Mi||Cameo|
|2012||All's Well, Ends Well 2012||八星抱喜||Chen Sisi|
|Perfect Two||新天生一对||Fang Jiawei|
|Love in the Buff||春娇与志明||Shang Youyou|
|On My Way||跑出一片天||Xie Zi||Cameo|
|Painted Skin: The Resurrection||画皮II||Que'er|
|The Bullet Vanishes||消失的子弹||Xiao Yunque|
|Holding Love||Hold住愛||Zhou Jing|
|All for Love||三个未婚妈妈||Xiao Ma||Cameo|
|2013||Tiny Times||小时代||Lin Xiao|
|Tiny Times 2||小时代：青木时代||Lin Xiao|
|Saving Mother Robot||玛德2号||Primary School Teacher|
|2014||Snow Blossom||大寒桃花开||Taohua Kai|
|The Breakup Guru||分手大师||Ye Xiaochun|
|Tiny Times 3||小时代：刺金时代||Lin Xiao|
|2015||You Are My Sunshine||何以笙箫默||Zhao Mosheng|
|Tiny Times 4||小时代4：灵魂尽头||Lin Xiao|
|Cities in Love||恋爱中的城市||Zi Tong|
|The Witness||我是证人||Lu Xiaoxing|
|Fall in Love Like a Star||怦然星动||Tian Xin|
|2016||L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties||爵迹||Shen Yin|
|Brotherhood of Blades 2||绣春刀·修罗战场||Bei Ji|
|1993||Tang Ming Huang||唐明皇||young Princess Xianyi|
|2004||The Story of a Noble Family||红粉世家||Li Xiaotao|
|Shuang Xiang Pao||双响炮||daughter in-law|
|2005||Days and a Bureau||天和局||Zhu Yuqiu|
|Strange Tales of Liaozhai||聊斋||Nie Xiaoqian|
|2006||The Return of the Condor Heroes||神雕侠侣||Guo Xiang|
|2007||Wang Zhaojun||王昭君||Wang Zhaojun|
|Beautiful Life||笑着活下去||Cheng Xiaonuo|
|2008||The Prince's Education||上书房||Dun'er|
|2009||Dark Fragrance||暗香||Miss Xiaojin|
|Chinese Paladin 3||仙剑奇侠传3||Tang Xuejian / Xiyao|
|2010||Detective Di Renjie – Prequel||神探狄仁杰前传||Ling Long|
|Beauty's Rival in Palace||美人心計||Mo Xueyan|
|The Dream of Red Mansions||红楼梦||Qing Wen|
|Unreasonable Bride||刁蛮新娘||Yan Xiaoman|
|2011||The Legend of the Twelve Chinese Zodiacs||十二生肖传奇||Qing Li|
|We Are a Family||我们是一家人||Xia Jiajia|
|Palace||宫||Luo Qingchuan / Hua Ying|
|Painted Skin||画皮||Xiao Hong|
|Hong Wu Da An||洪武大案||Cai Jue|
|The Four Brothers of Peking||新京城四少||Yin Baixue|
|Expressway of First Empire||大秦直道||Princess Ling|
|Symphony of Fate||命运交响曲||Hao Anqi|
|2012||Beijing Love Story||北京爱情故事||Yang Zixi|
|Palace II||宫锁珠帘||Luo Qingchuan / Hua Ying||Cameo|
|Ru Yi||如意||Ru Yi|
|Legend of the Military Seal||虎符传奇||Concubine Ru|
|2013||A Clear Midsummer Night||盛夏晚晴天||Xia Wanqing|
|2014||The Four Scholars in Jianghan||江南四大才子||Madame Tang||Cameo|
|Swords of Legends||古剑奇谭||Feng Qingxue|
|V Love||微时代之恋||Luo Yi||Also producer|
|2016||The Interpreter||亲爱的翻译官||Qiao Fei|
|2017||Eternal Love||三生三世十里桃花||Bai Qian / Su Su / Si Yin|
|The Negotiator||谈判官||Tong Wei|
|2018||Legend of Fuyao||扶摇皇后||Meng Fuyao|
|Once a Youth||曾少年||Xie Qiao|
- 2012: Close to Me
|2009||"Shu Li Moon"||琉璃月||The World (天下贰) theme song|
|2011||"In Support of the Love"||爱的供养||The Palace OST|
|2012||"Love Love"||爱情爱情||Beijing Love Story OST|
|"Don't Bear To"||有点舍不得||Ru Yi OST|
|"On My Way"||跑出一片天||On My Way OST|
|"Love Map"||爱情地图||Wu Dang OST|
|2013||"What If Love Grows Old"||如果爱老了||A Clear Midsummer Night OST|
|"Must Be Happy"||一定要幸福|
|2014||"Her and Him"||她他||The Micro Era of Love OST|
Awards and nominations
|2008||24th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Audience's Choice for Actress||Wang Zhaojun||Nominated|
|2011||6th Huading Awards||Best Actress (Legend)||Palace||Nominated|
|17th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Most Popular Actress||Won|||
|2012||12th Chinese Film Media Awards||Most Anticipated Actress||Mysterious Island||Nominated|
|26th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Audience's Choice for Actress||Beijing Love Story||Nominated|
|Most Popular Actress||Won|||
|8th Huading Awards||Best Actress||Ru Yi||Nominated|||
|Best Actress (Legend)||Beauty World||Nominated|
|4th Golden Broom Awards||Most Disappointing Actress||Holding Love, Wu Dang||Won|
|2013||13th Chinese Film Media Awards||Most Anticipated Actress||Love in the Buff||Nominated|
|2014||17th Huading Awards||Best Actress||Swords of Legends||Nominated|
|6th Golden Broom Awards||Most Disappointing Actress||Tiny Times 3, The Breakup Guru||Won|
|2015||15th Chinese Film Media Awards||Most Anticipated Actress||Tiny Times 3||Nominated|
|7th Golden Broom Awards||Most Disappointing Actress||You Are My Sunshine, Tiny Times 4||Won|||
|2017||50th World-Fest Houston International Film Festival||Best Actress||Reset||Won|||
|Jackie Chan Action Movie Awards||Best Action Movie Actress||Won|||
- "10年之后再评花旦". Southern Metropolis Daily. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "杨幂：说我整容的人是夸我漂亮". NetEase. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "走红非奇迹 盘点小花旦杨幂成功背后的贵人们". Sohu. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "电视剧《红粉世家》上海开机 佟大为、孙俪再度联手". Sina. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "《神雕侠侣》香港热播 "郭襄"杨幂受宠若惊". Sina. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "《王昭君》热拍 杨幂击败众女星担纲主角". Sina. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "《仙剑奇侠传3》热播 杨幂人气急升". Sohu. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "新版《红楼梦》争议大 杨幂版晴雯获好评". Sina. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Busy girl Yang Mi". China.org.cn.
- "《宫锁心玉》即将大结局 网络点击率已过亿". Hunan TV. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "详讯：观众票选最具人气女演员--杨幂". Sina. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "2011华鼎百强电视剧获奖名单揭晓". NetEase. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "《孤岛惊魂》9000万票房 揭秘：杨幂粉丝功劳大". Tencent. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Yang Mi to Star in Four Tailor-made Films". Chinese Films. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Yang Mi wins Most Disappointing Actress again". Yahoo. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "第26届中国电视金鹰奖男女演员候选名单产生". Tencent. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Yang Mi, Feng Shaofeng to join Painted Skin 2". China.org.cn. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Yang Mi stars in movie "Tiny Time"". Xinhua News Agency. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Tiny Times: "Me Generation" Film Breaks Chinese Box Office". The Diplomat. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "杨幂拍戏制片两不误 新剧与《绯闻女孩》无关". Tencent. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "斓曦拄拐助阵《亚洲偶像盛典》 为苏有朋杨幂颁奖". Mango TV. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Yang Mi stars new film with Deng Chao". Xinhua News Agency. 16 April 2014.
- "《古剑奇谭》网络点击突破50亿". Mango TV. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "《古剑》获2014营销大奖 点击破88亿登顶剧王". Tencent. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Chinese star Fan Bingbing regains top spot on Forbes China Celebrity 100 list". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Huang Xiaoming, Mini Yang Poised for Big B.O. in May With ‘Sunshine’". Variety. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Yang Mi and Lu Han Promote Their New Film The Witness". China Radio International. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Into the World of Interpreting: China’s Latest TV Drama Hit The Interpreters". What's On Weibo. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "亲爱的翻译官》领衔！2016年收视率最高的十部电视剧". China Daily. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "A mash-up guaranteed to spin heads". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Reality show script claims stir controversy". Shanghai Daily. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "《三生三世十里桃花》杨幂赵又廷三世虐恋". Sina. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Three lives three worlds". Global Times. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- "杨幂玩"蛇吻"秀演技 主演"三生三世"收获好评". 19 February 2017.
- "Young Chinese female actresses are gaining popularity overseas from their looks, acting skills and personal characteristics". Global Times.
- "Jackie Chan to produce Korea-China sci-fi film 'Reset'". Variety. 30 December 2015. Retrieved 2016-05-19.
- "Chinese films awarded at Houston international film festival". Xinhua News Agency. 30 April 2017.
- "Chinese film talent wins awards in Houston". China Daily. 1 May 2017.
- "Martial arts genre seeks boost with summer film". China Daily. 18 April 2017.
- "杨幂率"幂军团"亮相金鹰节 迪丽热巴红毯惊艳". Sohu. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "Meet the talented members of Yang Mi Studio". Drama Panda.
- "Yang Mi, Hawick Lau hold wedding in Bali". People's Daily. 9 January 2014.
- "Yang Mi gives birth to baby girl". Today Online. 2 June 2014.
- "华鼎电视剧提名公布 张嘉译吴奇隆争视帝". Sina. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- "杨幂成龙电影周获封最佳刀马旦 黄轩摘动作新人". ifeng. Retrieved 2017-06-27.