|Population||386 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||Southern Downs Region|
|State electorate(s)||Southern Downs|
Yangan is a small rural town in the Southern Downs Region, Queensland, Australia. At the 2016 Australian Census the town recorded a population of 386. The area is traversed by Swan Creek, a tributary of the Condamine River. Sandstone is extracted from a quarry directly south of the town's centre from a property which fronts Swan Creek.
The name Yangan is reported to be an Aboriginal word meaning proceed or go away.
Yangan has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Yangan (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Yangan (entry 38430)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "Yangan School of Arts (entry 600527)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "Yangan Masonic Hall (entry 600526)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "Library Details". Southern Downs Regional Council. Archived from the original on 31 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
Media related to Yangan, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons