Katan in 2006
|Date of birth||27 January 1981|
|Place of birth||Kiryat Ata, Israel|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking Midfielder|
|2006||West Ham United||8||(0)|
|2006–2007||→ Maccabi Haifa (loan)||27||(7)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 March 2014|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 06:13, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
Yaniv Katan (Hebrew: יניב קטן; born 27 January 1981) is a retired Israeli international footballer who played professionally for Maccabi Haifa, as a forward and winger. He earned 31 caps for Israel, scoring 5 goals.
In December 2005, Katan signed a four-year contract with West Ham United, where he joined up with Israeli international teammate Yossi Benayoun. The transfer, which was officially completed during the January 2006 transfer window, involved a cut-price fee of £100,000, as Katan had only six months left on his Maccabi contract. He made eight appearances, including six from the bench, for West Ham.
At the end of the 2005–06 season, Katan moved back to Maccabi Haifa in a loan deal, with a view to a permanent move, after Alan Pardew reportedly told him he was no longer in his plans. He returned to Israel and made his loan deal permanent by signing a new four-year deal with Haifa.
After 25 years in Maccabi Haifa, on 19 June 2014, Katan decided to retire from active playing. On 5 April 2015, a farewell ceremony for Katan was held at the Sammy Ofer Stadium on which both Maccabi Haifa's chairman Ya'akov Shahar and Katan led a speech and the fans held a giant flag with Katan's pictures.
- As of 5 May 2014
|Club||Season||League||Israeli Cup||Continental||League cup||Total|
|West Ham United||2005–06||8||0||0||0||—||—||8||0|
- Israeli Championships
- Toto Cup
- Winner (3): 2002–03, 2005–06, 2007–08
- State Cup
- Yaniv Katan | Football Stats | Maccabi Haifa | Age 37 | Soccer Base
- Katan, Yaniv: Jews In Sports
- "West Ham unveil new signing Katan". BBC Sport. 3 January 2006. Retrieved 25 February 2008.
- Grayeff, Yigal (8 January 2006). "Life may not prove easy for Yaniv Katan at West Ham". The Jerusalum Post. Retrieved 24 July 2008.
- "Yaniv Katan". Soccerbase. Racing Post. Retrieved 25 February 2008.
- BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | West Ham Utd | "Katan leaves Hammers in loan deal"
- "Katan leaves Hammers in loan deal". BBC. 14 June 2006. Retrieved 1 February 2008.
- "Scaloni's Hammers deal hangs on asking price". ESPN. 17 May 2006. Retrieved 25 February 2008. "And [Katan] told newspaper Ha'aretz: 'I am a West Ham player at the moment, and I have a contract with the club for another three seasons, but the manager has told me that I do not figure in his plans. 'So unless something changes and I am told that I can fight for a place on the team, I am finished with West Ham."
- West Ham's 'forgotten signings' XI; featuring Yavin Katan
- Yaniv Katan at Soccerbase
- Yaniv Katan profile and stats on FootballDatabase.com
- (in Hebrew) Yaniv Katan profile and club history on Maccabi Haifa Official Website
- (in Hebrew) Yaniv Katan Profile and Statistics on One.co.il
- (in Hebrew)  After 25 years in Maccabi Haifa, On 19 June 2014, Katan decided to retire from active playing.
| Maccabi Haifa F.C. captain