From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||449 ft (137 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||446363|
A post office was established at Yankeetown in 1853, and remained in operation until 1911. The community was officially laid out in 1858, and was so named for the fact the first settlers were Yankees.
Yankeetown is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Yankeetown, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- "Warrick County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- Fortune, William (1881). Warrick and Its Prominent People: A History of Warrick County, Indiana from the Time of Its Organization and Settlement. Courier Company. p. 38.
|This Warrick County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|