|Date of birth||26 June 1984|
|Place of birth||Serekunda, the Gambia|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2012–2013||JK Nõmme Kalju||37||(7)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 November 2013
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 June 2013
Yankuba Ceesay is Managed by AsiaEurope Football Group in the UK.
When Ceesay joined Alianza Atlético of Peru, he became the first Gambian to play professional football in Latin America. He also had a brief trial with Walsall F.C. during January 2008. In 2008, he joined the Swedish club Degerfors IF, and for the first time he represented the Gambia national football team in a match against Senegal.
JK Nõmme Kalju
On 7 March 2012, it was announced that he had signed a two-year contract with Estonian Meistriliiga side JK Nõmme Kalju. He made the league debut for the club on 10 March 2012, in a goalless draw against city rivals FC Levadia Tallinn. He had trials with Charlton Athletic and Leyton Orient in January 2013. On 23 July 2013, he scored Kalju's first ever goal in UEFA Champions League, an opening goal in a 2–1 win against Finnish side HJK. He left the club after the 2013 season, when his two-year contract ended.
- The first Gambian man to play professional soccer in Latin America
- Yankuba comes to Walsall
- Yankuba Ceesay – FIFA competition record
- "Kaljuga liitusid jaapanlane, gambialane ja poolakas" (in Estonian). jkkalju.ee. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Kalju ja Levadia väravateni ei jõudnud" (in Estonian). soccernet.ee. 10 March 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Kalju poolkaitsja Inglismaal testimisel" (in Estonian). Soccernet.ee. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Kalju alistas kodupubliku toel Meistrite Liigas soomlaste HJK!" (in Estonian). jkkalju.ee. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Kalju esimese Meistrite Liiga värava autor lahkub" (28 November 2013) (in Estonian). jkkalju.ee. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- Yankuba Ceesay at the Estonian Football Association (in Estonian)
- Yankuba Ceesay at 90minut.pl (in Polish)
|This biographical article related to Gambian association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|