Yann Weymouth is a St. Petersburg, Florida-based architect and the designer of the Salvador Dali Museum. Early in his career, he served as Chief of Design for I. M. Pei on the Grand Louvre Project, in Paris, France.
After graduating from Harvard University in 1963 and MIT in 1966, Yann Weymouth served early in his career as Chief of Design for I.M. Pei on the National Gallery of Art East Wing, Washington, D.C and as the Chief of Design for I.M. Pei on the Grand Louvre Project, Paris, France.
In 1989, the year the Grand Louvre Pyramid opened, Engineering News Record named Weymouth one of their “Men of the Year”. French President Francois Mitterrand honored Weymouth for his role, awarding him the “Chevalier” (Knight) of the “Ordre National du Mérite”. Weymouth was elevated to “Officier” (Officer) in 2012.
He designed expansions, renovations and master plan of the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art and Cultural Complex in Sarasota and the Museum of Fine Arts (St. Petersburg, Florida) Hazel Hough Wing.
Weymouth has kept notebooks of his work on the Louvre, which have been exhibited and portions are included in publications, such as I.M. Pei and the Louvre Pyramid, by Philip Jodidio, Sketches by Yann Weymouth (Musee du Louvre and Prestel, 2009).
In 1992, the American Institute of Architects and American Architectural Foundation exhibited “Yann Weymouth Louvre Notebooks” at The Octagon, Washington, D.C. In 2009, to mark the 20th anniversary of the opening of the Louvre Pyramid, the Musee du Louvre and Prestel co-published the book I.M. Pei and the Louvre Pyramid, by Philip Jodidio, Sketches by Yann Weymouth.
On April 6, 2013 Wells married Rachel née Ludlow.
On January 4, 1988 Yann Weymouth married his second wife Susana née Pola; they have a son.
- Katharine Weymouth, former publisher for The Washington Post
- Pamela Alma Weymouth, writer for Huffington Post
- "Cool Construction Tour of 77 Charles West Tower in Toronto". hoklife.com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "77 Charles Street Condominiums". hermesrealty.ca. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Architect, Yann Weymouth". thefrost.fiu.edu. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Architect Spec: Yann Weymouth". surfaceandpanel.com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Interview with HOK's Yann Weymouth on the Salvador Dali Museum in Florida". archinect.com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Recent Entries". hoklife.com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "INTERVIEW: HOK's Yann Weymouth Discusses Designing the Hurricane-Resistant Salvador Dalí Museum". inhabitat.com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- Carl Cronan No Rock Star-chitect August 27, 2010 Gulf Coast Business Review
- "Architects envision new life for old St. Petersburg Pier". tbo.com. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "I. M. Pei: The Louvre Pyramid by Philip Jodidio Sketches by Yann Weymouth". Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- Gulf Coast Business review: "No Rock Star-chitect" by Carl Cronan August 27, 2010
- Wired.com: "Post's Weymouth: The Last Media Tycoon" By Lloyd Grove July 16, 2008
- Huffington Post: "Pamela Alma Bass" retrieved October 29, 2012
- Frank Ahrens (2008-02-08). "Post Co. Names Weymouth Media Chief and Publisher". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
She [Katharine Weymouth] is a niece of Tina Weymouth, the bass guitarist in the new wave band Talking Heads..