Yannick Jadot (born July 27, 1967 in Clacy-et-Thierret, Aisne) is a French environmentalist and Member of the European Parliament elected in the 2009 European election for the West France constituency.
As an environmentalist and humanitarian, Jadot co-ordinated Greenpeace actions in France between 2002 and 2008 but also headed the 'Alliance pour la planète and was a key player in the 2008 Grenelle Environnemental Accord.
In 2009, he announced that he was leaving Greenpeace to lead the Europe Écologie list in the West constituency ahead of the 2009 European elections. His list won 16.65% and he was elected to the European Parliament, along with Nicole Kiil-Nielsen.
He is reelected as MEP in the French Ouest constituency, during the European elections of 2014.
In 2016, Jadot was selected by Europe Ecology – The Greens to stand as their candidate in the 2017 French presidential election after defeating fellow MEP Michèle Rivasi in the second round of primary voting. Though Jadot secured 496 sponsorships just before the opening of the signature collection period, he announced that he would withdraw his candidacy and endorsed Socialist nominee Benoît Hamon, the pair having agreed on a common platform; their alliance was consummated when EELV primary voters approved the agreement on 26 February.
- "Your MEPs : Yannick JADOT". European parliament. Retrieved July 9, 2011.
- "French Greens pick MEP Jadot for 2017 presidential race". POLITICO. 2016-11-07. Retrieved 2016-11-27.
- Bastien Bonnefous; Raphaëlle Besse Desmoulières (21 February 2017). "Benoît Hamon et Yannick Jadot tardent à célébrer leur mariage". Le Monde. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "En direct : l'écologiste Yannick Jadot retire sa candidature à l'élection présidentielle et soutient Benoît Hamon". Le Monde. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Présidentielle : les électeurs écologistes approuvent l'accord entre Hamon et Jadot". Le Monde. 26 February 2017. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
|This article about a French politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|