Skyline of Nanping (at night)
|Nickname(s): Little Hongkong|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• CPC District Committee Secretary||He Mingxing|
|• Total||2,660 km2 (1,030 sq mi)|
|• Density||180/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Second alternative Chinese name|
Yanping District is one of the two districts of Nanping, Fujian province, People's Republic of China. The prefecture government is located in the district. The population of Yanping District was 504,483 at the 2016
- 1 Etymology
- 2 History
- 3 Geography
- 4 Culture
- 5 Industry
- 6 Administration
- 7 Social Securities
- 8 Transportation
- 9 Entertainment
- 10 Notable people
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External links
The name of the district literally means "Prolong Peace", and it is still commonly referred to as Nanping, which was its name before 1995. Nowadays, people still use both "Yanping" and "Nanping" in mailing address, and Nanping is even more common.
The city was built as a house at 196 BC. Before that it was a village governed by Houguan County (Fuzhou). Because it is the start point of Min River, it acts as a trading transferring center between North Fujian, Jiangxi and Fuzhou.
Also, it is the last stronghold of Fuzhou, the largest city in Fujian, and usually carefully guarded. Because the soldiers came from north China, the city's dialect was more similar to that of Henan Province.
The city was named Nanping City at 1956, and after the prefecture was named Nanping in 1995, it changed to its current name.
Jiufeng Mountain (literally 9-peak mountain)
- Snake Festival: it is held in Zhanghu Town on every seventh day of the 7th month on the Chinese calendar.
- Intangible Cultural Heritage: Zhansheng Drum (战胜鼓, literally Victorious Drum), Nanjian Opera (南剑戏/乱弹): originated from Xiayang Town, Lingbingyang She song (岭炳洋畲歌)
- Fujian Nanping Nanfu Battery Co., Ltd.
- Fujian Nanping Aluminium Co., Ltd.
- Fujian Nanping Paper Co., Ltd.
6 Street Offices
Meishan Street Office （梅山街道）
Huangdun Street Office （黄墩街道）
Ziyun Street Office （紫云街道）
Sihe Street Office （四鹤街道）
Shuinan Street Office （水南街道）
Shuidong Street Office （水东街道）
- Nanping No.1 Hospital affiliated to Fujian Medical University
- People's Hospital of Nanping affiliated to Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- The 92th Hospital of PLA
- Nanping Experimental Kindergarten
- Nanping Experimental Primary School
- Nanpingbei (Nanping North High-Speed Railway Station)
- Nanpingnan (Nanping South Railway Station)
- Nanpingxi (Nanping West High-Speed Railway Station)
- Nanping Station
- Jiufengshan Park (Mt. Jiufeng Park)
- Yuping Park
- Yangzhen Park
- Xiyuan Canyon
- Xingbang Ecological Grape Orchard (兴邦生态葡萄园): located in Shanwei Village, Wangtai Town
- Mandarin-duck-shaped Rocks (鸳鸯石): located in Gaoping Village, Xiqin Town
- Xiayang Ecological Park (下洋生态园): located in Xiayang (Unincorporated) Village, Shangyang Village
- Minbei Hotel (3-star)
- Wu Jingbiao: winner of Men's 56 kg weightlifting in 2010 Asian Games, 2011 Asian Weightlifting Championships, 2010 and 2011 World Weightlifting Championships.