Yantian District in Shenzhen
|• Total||72.63 km2 (28.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,000/km2 (7,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Yantian District (simplified Chinese: 盐田区; traditional Chinese: 鹽田區; pinyin: Yántián Qū; Cantonese Jyutping: Jim4 Tin4 Keoi1) is one of the six districts of the city of Shenzhen, Guangdong, China. It is adjacent to Shenzhen River to the south, and is surrounded by Luohu and Longgang districts of Shenzhen.
Before 1960s,the northern part of the district belonged to Huiyang County, the famous Huizhou Revolution launched by DR.Sun Yat Sin started in the northern part of the district during 1908. The failure of the revolution had inspired DR.Sun to revolt the Qing Imperial. Qing Dynasty soon ended in 1911 after the Wuchang Uprising.
Due to the proximity to Bao'on County, Northern Yiantian merged into the new County in 1960s. In 1978, after the establishment of Shenzhen special economic zone, Yiantian(as a part of Luohu district),together with several other districts in Bao'on County, formed the new special economic district. In March 1998, Yantian seperated from Luohu District after the construction of Yiantian Port.
The size of Yantian district is about 72.63 km². It contains four subdistricts:
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Haishan Subdistrict||海山街道||Hǎishān Jiēdào||hoi2 san1 gai1 dou6||61,858||5.52|
|Yantian Subdistrict||盐田街道||Yántián Jiēdào||yim4 tin4 gai1 dou6||80,641||17.8|
|Meisha Subdistrict||梅沙街道||Méishā Jiēdào||mui4 sa1 gai1 dou6||18,063||16.83|
|Shatoujiao Subdistrict||沙头角街道||Shātóujiǎo Jiēdào||sa1 teo4 gog3 gai1 dou6||48,798||6.91|
The Shenzhen Yantian Port Free Trade Zone was set up and approved by the State Council on September 27, 1996 with a total area of 0.85 square kilometer. On August 16, 2004, the project of "zone-port interaction" was approved by the State Council between Yantian Port and the Shenzhen Yantiangang Free Trade Zone.
Yantian Port Bonded Logistics Park was established with 0.96 square kilometer on December 30, 2005. The zone is situated near Yantian Port. Industries that are encouraged include printing/publishing/packaging, raw material processing, shipping/warehousing/logistics, and trading and distribution.
- Chung Ying Street(中英街)
- Wutongshan National Park (梧桐山國家森林公園/梧桐山国家森林公园)
- Dameisha Beach (大梅沙)
- Xiaomeisha Beach (小梅沙)
- Shenzhen Xiaomeisha Sea World (小梅沙海洋世界)
- OCT East (東部華僑城/东部华侨城)
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- [dead link]
- "RightSite.asia - Shenzhen Yantiangang Free Trade Zone".
- 深圳市特发小梅沙旅游中心. "小梅沙｜深圳小梅沙｜小梅沙海洋世界｜深圳小梅沙海洋公园｜深圳海洋世界｜深圳市特发小梅沙旅游中心". www.szxms.com.cn.
- [dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yantian District.|
- Yantian Government Online (in Chinese)
|This Guangdong location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Shenzhen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|