Yantian District in Shenzhen
|• Total||72.63 km2 (28.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,000/km2 (7,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Yantian District (Chinese: 盐田区; pinyin: Yántián Qū) is one of the six districts of the city of Shenzhen, Guangdong, China. It is adjacent to Shenzhen River to the south, and is surrounded by Luohu and Longgang districts of Shenzhen. Until March 1998, Yantian was part of Luohu District.
The size of Yantian district is about 72.63 km². It contains four subdistricts:
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)|
|Haishan Subdistrict||海山街道||Hǎishān Jiēdào||61,858|
|Yantian Subdistrict||盐田街道||Yántián Jiēdào||80,641|
|Meisha Subdistrict||梅沙街道||Méishā Jiēdào||18,063|
|Shatoujiao Subdistrict||沙头角街道||Shātóujiǎo Jiēdào||48,798|
The Shenzhen Yantian Port Free Trade Zone was set up and approved by the State Council on September 27, 1996 with a total area of 0.85 square kilometer. On August 16, 2004, the project of "zone-port interaction" was approved by the State Council between Yantian Port and the Shenzhen Yantiangang Free Trade Zone.
Yantian Port Bonded Logistics Park was established with 0.96 square kilometer on December 30, 2005. The zone is situated near Yantian Port. Industries that are encouraged include printing/publishing/packaging, raw material processing, shipping/warehousing/logistics, and trading and distribution.
- Minsk World(明斯克世界)
- Chung Ying Street(中英街)
- Wutong Mountain National Park (梧桐山国家森林公园)
- Dameisha beach (大梅沙)
- Xiaomeisha (beach 小梅沙)
- Shenzhen Xiaomeisha Sea World(小梅沙海洋世界)
- OCT East(东部华侨城)
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- RightSite.asia | Shenzhen Yantiangang Free Trade Zone
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yantian District.|
- Yantian Government Online (Chinese)
|This Guangdong location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Shenzhen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|