Yao surname in regular script
|Word/Name||Henan Fan County or Shandong|
Iao, Iau (Hokkien)
Yao (Chinese: 姚; pinyin: Yáo), also romanized as Yiu in Cantonese, is one of the most ancient Chinese surnames. It is ranked 101st in the Hundred Family Surnames, and as the 51st most common surname in Mainland China.
- Mandarin: Yao
- Cantonese: Yiu
- Min Nan (Hokkien (Fujian)/Teochew): Iao, Iau, Yeo
- Vietnamese: Diêu
- Korean: Yo
- Japanese: Yō
- Singapore: Yow, Yeo
- Emperor Shun, a legendary leader of ancient China whose ancestral name is Yao, one of the Three Sovereigns and Five Emperors in ancient China.
- Yao Chang, founding emperor of the Later Qin Dynasty.
- Andrew Chi-Chih Yao, a Chinese computer scientist and A.M. Turing Award laureate.
- Tomas Yao, a famous Chinese Educator in the Philippines.
- Jianping Yao, Canadian engineer.
- Yao Ming, a retired Chinese professional basketball player.
- Yao Wenyuan, member of the Gang of Four.
- MC HotDog (born name as Yao Chung-jen), a Taiwanese rap artist known for his use of explicit lyrics in his songs.
- Yao Beina, a famous Chinese singer.
- Yao Chen, a famous Chinese actress.
- Howard Yao, Senior Purchasing and Sourcing Professional and business leader.
Learning of the Chinese culture- the Yao dynasty
|surname Yao. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|