|First Deputy Prime Minister of Azerbaijan|
|Assumed office |
February 13, 2003
|President||Heydar Aliyev |
|Prime Minister||Artur Rasizade|
|Preceded by||Abbas Abbasov|
|Born||24 October 1945 (age 73)|
Baku, Azerbaijan SSR, Soviet Union
Eyyubov was born Baku in 1945. He studied at Azerbaijan Technical University in 1963, and briefly worked at the Sattarkhan Plant (then the Lieutenant Schmidt Plant) in 1964 before being conscripted into the Soviet Army from 1964 until 1967. In 1968, after returning to Baku, he continued his education at Azerbaijan Technical University and graduated in 1972 with a degree in construction engineering. While at the university, he served as chairman of the Komsomol Committee of the Construction from 1970 through 1972. From 1975 to 1997, Eyyubov worked time as a senior professor, and as the assistant dean, at the Azerbaijan Architecture and Construction University.
Eyyubov has chaired the Interdepartmental Committee for Protection of State Secrets under the President of Azerbaijan, and the Committee for Cooperation with NATO under the President of Azerbaijan (established on November 14, 1997) and currently co-chairs the following commissions under the Ministry of Economic Development:
- Azerbaijan-Tajikistan Intergovernmental Commission on Trade and Economic Relations;
- Azerbaijan-Dagestan (Russian Federation) Intergovernmental Commission for Cooperation on Economic and Humanitarian Issues
- Azerbaijan-Belarus Intergovernmental Commission for Bilateral Cooperation on Economic Relations
- Azerbaijan-Moldova Bilateral Economic Cooperation Commission
- Azerbaijan-Pakistan Bilateral Commission
- Azerbaijan-Uzbekistan Intergovernmental Commission
- Azerbaijan-Romania Joint Intergovernmental Commission on Scientific and Technical Cooperation and Trade and Economic Relations
- Azerbaijan-Saudi Arabia Joint Intergovernmental Commission on Economic, Trade, Investment, Cultural, Sports and Youth Relations
- Azerbaijan-Russia Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation
- Azerbaijan-Moscow State Commission on Cooperation
- Azerbaijan-Ukraine Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation
- Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan Intergovernmental Committee for Cooperation on Economic and Humanitarian Issues
- Azerbaijan-Romania Joint Intergovernmental Commission on Scientific and Technical Cooperation and Trade, Economic and Cultural Relations.>
- "CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments". Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Azərbaycan Respublikası Nazirlər Kabineti. Eyyubov Yagub Abdulla oğlu" [The section Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan Republic. Eyyubov Yagub Abdulla oglu]. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- R. Nasirov; S. Mursaloglu (2003-02-14). "Ягуб Эйюбов назначен первым вице-премьером страны" [Yaqub Eyyubov is appointed the first vice-premier of the country]. Ekho. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Комиссии и Советы, созданные при Президенте Азербайджанской Республики" [Committees and Councils, established by the President of Azerbaijan Republic]. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Ministry of Economic Development - Hökümətlərarası Komissiyalar haqqında" [Ministry of Economic Development - About the Intergovernmental Commissions]. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Baş nazirin birinci müavini Yaqub Eyyubov Azərbaycan-Özbəkistan arasında əməkdaşlıq üzrə komissiyanın Azərbaycan tərəfdən sədri təyin edilib" [Yaqub Eyyubov was appointed the co-chair of Azerbaijan-Uzbekistan Intergovernmental Commission from the Azerbaijani side]. Novosti Azerbaijan. 2007-11-22. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Yagub Eyyubov was put in charge of development of oil and gas strategy of Azerbaijan" [Yaqub Eyyubov was appointed the co-chair of Azerbaijan-Uzbekistan Intergovernmental Commission from the Azerbaijani side]. Novosti Azerbaijan. 2009-09-25. Retrieved 2010-10-25.