Yardville-Groveville, New Jersey
|Yardville-Groveville, New Jersey|
Map of Yardville-Groveville CDP in Mercer County. Inset: Location of Mercer County in New Jersey.
|• Total||9.0 km2 (3.5 sq mi)|
|• Land||8.9 km2 (3.4 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.0 km2 (0.0 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,032.3/km2 (2,673.7/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Yardville-Groveville was an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Hamilton Township, in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2000 United States Census, the CDP's population was 9,208. As of the 2010 Census, the area was split into two CDPs, Yardville and Groveville.
As of the 2000 United States Census there were 9,208 people, 3,438 households, and 2,619 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,033.5/km² (2,673.7/mi²). There were 3,528 housing units at an average density of 396.0/km² (1,024.4/mi²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 93.09% White, 3.02% African American, 0.08% Native American, 2.00% Asian, 0.08% Pacific Islander, 0.80% from other races, and 0.93% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.01% of the population.
There were 3,438 households out of which 33.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.6% were married couples living together, 9.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.8% were non-families. 19.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.09.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 23.7% under the age of 18, 6.5% from 18 to 24, 31.2% from 25 to 44, 24.4% from 45 to 64, and 14.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 94.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $60,893, and the median income for a family was $68,171. Males had a median income of $46,897 versus $34,236 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $25,391. About 0.2% of families and 1.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 0.4% of those under age 18 and 2.0% of those age 65 or over.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000 from the Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for the Yardville-Groveville CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 23, 2016.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), P. III-4. United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed November 20, 2012. "Mercer County—Name Changes: Robbinsville township name changed from Washington; New CDPs: Groveville (formed from part of deleted Yardville-Groveville CDP and additional area), Hamilton Square (formed from part of deleted Mercerville-Hamilton Square CDP and additional area), Mercerville (formed from part of deleted Mercerville-Hamilton Square CDP), Robbinsville, and Yardville (formed from part of deleted Yardville-Groveville CDP and additional area)"
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed April 19, 2015.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.