|Location||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Operated by||Tel Aviv municipality|
|Status||Open all year|
- This article is about the public park near the mouth of the Yarkon River. For the Yarkon National Park at the springs of the Yarkon River see Antipatris
Yarkon Park (Hebrew: פארק הירקון, Park HaYarkon) is a large park in Tel Aviv, Israel, with about sixteen million visits annually. Named after the Yarkon River which flows through it, the park includes extensive lawns, sports facilities, botanical gardens, an aviary, a water park, two outdoor concert venues and lakes.
The park has six gardens: Gan HaBanim (Fallen Soldiers Memorial Garden), Gan Nifga'ei HaTeror (Terror Victims Memorial Garden), Gan HaSlaim (Rock Garden), Gan HaKaktusim (Cactus Garden), Gan HaGazum (Trimmed Garden), and Gan HaTropi (Tropical Garden).
The Rock Garden, one of the largest of its kind in the world, reflects Israel's geological diversity. In its 10-acre enclosure the rocks are interspersed with some 3,500 species of plants, including over six acres of cacti. The five-acre Tropical Garden has a wooden walkway shaded by palm trees leading to a small lake. The rainforest-like microclimate supports a large variety of orchids and vines.
The Yarkon River runs through the park and reaches the Mediterranean Sea at the park's western edge, then connects into the Tel Aviv Port, an entertainment and tourism center. Despite clean-up efforts in the last few years, the river is still polluted. Despite its polluted waters, on July 2011 Tel Aviv's mayor, Ron Huldai, jumped into the water and swam in the lake. Nevertheless, the region has retained its biodiversity. It is home to an abundance of insects, water fowl, golden jackals, porcupines and mongoose.
Many popular musical acts have played the park, including Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Peter Gabriel, Madonna, David Bowie, Carlos Santana, Dire Straits, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Aerosmith, Metallica, U2, Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ugly Kid Joe, Linkin Park, Ozzy Osbourne, Joe Cocker, Eurythmics, Westlife, Five, Justin Timberlake, Robbie Williams, Rihanna, Sia, OneRepublic, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Rod Stewart, Queen + Adam Lambert and Britney Spears.
American singer Britney Spears performed there on July 3, 2017 as part of her Britney: Live in Concert. It was attended by a crowd of 60,000 people. The country even delayed their election for the new chairperson of the Israeli Labor Party. It was originally scheduled for July 3, the same day as Spears's concert, but government officials feared people would choose the Britney concert over finding a polling station, so they pushed voting back a day.
- Biodiversity in Israel
- List of national parks and nature reserves of Israel
- Tourism in Israel
- National Sport Center – Tel Aviv
- Park Hayarkon – the Central Park of Tel Aviv
- Changing pollution into paradise
- At Tel Aviv's Yarkon Park, they're sweating the small stuff
- https://www.directlyrics.com/massive-britney-spears-performs-for-60k-crowd-in-tel-aviv-israel-news.amphtml. Missing or empty
- "Oops! Britney Spears gig forces Israeli Labour party to delay leadership contest". The Guardian. 5 April 2017.
- "Opera Celebrates Tel Aviv's centennial". Entertainment News. 17 July 2009.
- News, The Independent. "First Night: Sir Paul McCartney, Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv".
- News, Israel National News. "Justin Bieber: Very excited to visit Israel for the second time".
- News, The Time of Israel. "Red Hot Chili Peppers give it away to 50,000 at Tel Aviv show".
- News, The Times of Israel. "40,000 Israelis let pop star Robbie Williams entertain them".
- News, Ynews Culture. "Is One Republic returning to Israel?".
- News. "Empathetic Jon Bon Jovi dedicates song ‘We Don’t Run’ to Israelfirst=The Time of Israel".
- News, Ynetnews. "Queen rocks it out in Tel Aviv".
- News, Haaretz. "Sia's Electronic Rain Beautifully Pierces Tel Aviv’s Humidity".
- News, Pollstar. "Top 100 Worldwide Concert Grosses" (PDF).
- News, ISRAEL21c. "Steven Tyler tours Israel ahead of farewell tour in TLV".
- News, Ynetnews. "Rod Stewart duets with Israeli singer Rita in Tel Aviv concert".
- News, All-Noise. "Watch Britney Spears Performing In Tel Aviv for 60K Crowd".
- News, Direct Lyrics. "Massive: Britney Spears Performs For 60K Crowd In Tel Aviv, Israel".
- News, Times of Israel. "Britney Spears performs for 55,000 fans in Israel".
- "In muggy Tel Aviv, Guns N’ Roses brings sizzling show to 62,000 fans". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- Shalev, Ben (2017-07-16). "Review Guns N' Roses Returns to Its Natural Habitat - and Doesn't Disappoint". Haaretz. Retrieved 2017-07-18. horizontal tab character in
|title=at position 12 (help)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yarkon Park.|