Mazuz (left) with Binyamin Netanyahu
|Date of birth||11 July 1962|
|Place of birth||Haifa, Israel|
|Faction represented in Knesset|
Prior to the 2015 elections he was placed 29th on the Likud list, and was elected to the Knesset as Likud won 30 seats. On 14 June he was appointed Deputy Interior Minister in the new government. In June 2015 he told Arab MKs “We are doing you people a favor by even allowing you to be seated here – terrorists won't be allowed to sit here,” and asked them to give up their Israeli citizenship. Several left-wing members of Knesset demanded an apology from Mazuz, but he refused to retract his statement, adding that the proposal to revoke the ban on citizenship for Palestinians was “written in blood.”
In January 2016 Mazuz was replaced as Deputy Interior Minister by Meshulam Nahari, and given the post of Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Office. In August 2016 he was transferred to become Minister of Environmental Protection.
Mazuz is married with three children, and lives in Kiryat Bialik.
- Likud list Central Elections Committee
- Final Unofficial* results of the Elections for the Twentieth Knesset Central Elections Committee
- Israeli deputy minister calls on Arab members of Knesset to give up citizenship Russia Today, 24 June 2015
- MK sparks furor by saying Israel is doing Israeli Arabs 'a favor' Israel Hayom, 25 June 2015
- Meet the New MK: Yaron Mazuz The Jerusalem Post, 16 April 2015
- Yaron Mazuz on the Knesset website