19 November 1967|
|Alma mater||Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys|
|Fields||Physics, extractive metallurgy|
Yaroslav Mikhaylovich Blanter (Russian: Ярослáв Миха́йлович Блáнтер; born 19 November 1967) is a Russian physicist, an expert in the field of extractive metallurgy and condensed matter physics. As of 2011 he is the Antoni van Leeuwenhoek professor at the Delft University of Technology.
Till 1992 he took post-graduate courses at the same Institute. In 1992 he defended his thesis and received the Candidate of physico-mathematical sciences degree. The subject of the thesis concerns the development of the quantum effects in the kinetic properties of the electronic systems at the topological transition.
From 1990 to 1994 he taught statistical physics, the theory of normal and superconducting metals, classical and quantum mechanics. From 1989 to 1993 he also taught mathematics at the 43rd School of Moscow.
In 1995, supported by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, he obtained a position at the Institute of Condensed Matter Theory in Karlsruhe. From 1996 to 2000 he held a position at the University of Geneva. From 2000 to 2007 he was an associate professor at the Delft University of Technology. In 2007 he became a senior associate professor there. In 2002, he was one of three members of the organizing committee of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop "Quantum Noise in Mesoscopic Physics", held in Delft, the Netherlands.
From 2007 to 2011 he was an active contributor with administrator permissions in the Russian Wikipedia and a member of the Arbitration Committee.  The Daily Dot noted Blanter's role in the deletion of a Wikipedia hoax previously listed for almost four years.
- Blanter Y. M.; Buttiker M. (2000). "Shot noise in mesoscopic conductors" (PDF). 336. Physics Reports: 1–166. arXiv:cond-mat/9910158. Bibcode:2000PhR...336....1B. doi:10.1016/S0370-1573(99)00123-4.
- Blanter Y. M.; Mirlin A. D.; Muzykantskii B. A. (1997). "Fluctuations of conductance peak spacings in the Coulomb blockade regime: Role of electron-electron interaction". 78. Phys. Rev. Lett.: 2449. arXiv:cond-mat/9609288. Bibcode:1997PhRvL..78.2449B. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.78.2449.
- Blanter Y. M. (1996). "Electron-electron scattering rate in disordered mesoscopic systems". 54. Phys. Rev. B: 12807. arXiv:cond-mat/9604101. Bibcode:1996PhRvB..5412807B. doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.54.12807.
- Sapmaz S.; Blanter Y. M.; Gurevich L.; van der Zant H. S. J. (2003). "Carbon nanotubes as nanoelectromechanical systems". 67. Phys. Rev. B: 235414. arXiv:cond-mat/0206311. Bibcode:2003PhRvB..67w5414S. doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.67.235414.
- Sapmaz S., Jarillo-Herrero P., Blanter Y. M., Dekker C., van der Zant H. S. J. (2006). "Tunneling in suspended carbon nanotubes assisted by longitudinal phonons". 96. Phys. Rev. Lett.: 026801. arXiv:cond-mat/0508270. Bibcode:2006PhRvL..96b6801S. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.96.026801.
- Nazarov Yuli V., Blanter Yaroslav M., Quantum Transport: Introduction to Nanoscience, Cambridge University Press 2009. ISBN 978-0-521-83246-5.
- Идут на поправку. — Esquire (Russian edition), № 51, 2010 Jan.
- CV at the TU Delft official website
- "Corpus expertov". expertcorps.ru. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- www.tremani.nl, Tremani -. "Casimir - Yaroslav Blanter appointed to Antoni van Leeuwenhoek chair". casimir.researchschool.nl. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- List of 2nd schools alumni of 1984
- Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys alumni of 1985-1994 // Moscow, publ. «Учеба» МИСиС, 2006
- Search results at the Russian State Library catalogue; Page snapshot
- "Прежние учителя 43 Школы и Гимназии 1543". www.1543.ru. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- Nazarov, Yuli V. (2012). Quantum Noise in Mesoscopic Physics. Springer Science & Business Media. pp. vii.
- Morris, Kevin (25 April 2013). "The greatest movie that never was". The Daily Dot. Archived from the original on 28 April 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2013.
- Courtesy of the ISI Web of Knowledge