Yaroslav Igorevich Starobogatov
|Died||December 3, 2004 (aged 72)|
|Education||Doctor of Science (1971)|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University (1955)|
Zoological Institute of RAS
Yaroslav Igorevich Starobogatov (Russian: Ярослав Игоревич Старобогатов; 13 July 1932 – 3 December 2004) was a Russian zoologist, professor and chief scientist at the Zoological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences. His research was on invertebrate zoology, particularly on molluscs (malacology) and crustaceans (carcinology). He also was a major contributor to the higher systematics of living organisms, to mirco- and macroevolution and to Soviet and world-wide biogeography.
He described a great number of new animal species.
Taxa named in his honour
- (in Russian) Khlebovich V. V. (2005)"In memoriam of Yaroslav I. Starobogatov" Ruthenica 14: 105-106.
- Иванов Д. Л., Москалев Л. И.(2007) "Neopilina starobogatovi, a new monoplacophoran species from the Bering Sea, with notes on the taxonomy of the family Neopilinidae (Mollusca: Monoplacophora)". Ruthenica 17: 1-6.
- ПРОФЕССОР Я. И. СТАРОБОГАТОВ (1932–2004). Zhurnal obshchei biologii (2012)
- (in Russian) "Старобогатов Ярослав Игоревич (1932-2004)". www.biogeographers.dvo.ru
- РАЗВИТИЕ ИДЕЙ БИОГЕОГРАФИИ, ТАКСОНОМИИ И ТЕОРЕТИЧЕСКОЙ БИОЛОГИИ В РАБОТАХ ЯРОСЛАВА ИГОРЕВИЧА СТАРОБОГАТОВА (1932–2004) Vestnik SVNTs DVO RAN (2012)
|This article about a zoologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Russian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|