Yarraman railway station
View from platform 1, facing towards Southern Cross
Railway Parade, Noble Park|
|Distance||29.04 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki Zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||21 December 1976|
The Up line, towards Flinders Street, was slewed to allow construction of the station in 1974. During construction, an alternative name for the station, Fotheringham, a notable local family, was suggested.
The EastLink tollway is located at the Down end of the station, via an overpass over the rail line, Hanna Street and Railway Parade.
In 2015, the Level Crossing Removal Authority announced the grade separation of the nearby Chandler Road level crossing. Construction began in 2016, with the level crossing removed in 2018.. Despite the removal of the level crossing, the original station is not rebuilt.
Platforms & services
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Pakenham line: all stations services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations services to Cranbourne
Ventura Bus Lines operates three routes via Yarraman station:
- Dandenong station – Brighton :
- Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre : Dandenong station –
- Noble Park station : Dandenong station –
- Yarraman Vicsig
- "Way & Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. May 1974. p. 115.
- "Crossings". levelcrossings.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Chandler Road, Noble Park". levelcrossings.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 2018-07-29.
- Pakenham Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Cranbourne Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 812 Dandenong - Brighton timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 813 Dandenong - Waverley Gardens timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 815 Dandenong - Noble Park timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au