Yarraman railway station
|PTV commuter rail station|
View from platform 1, facing northwest towards the city
Noble Park, Victoria 3174
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||29.04 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Train operators||Metro Trains|
|Connections||Bus routes 812, 813 & 815|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||21 December 1976|
|Electrified||1500 V DC overhead|
|Passengers (2009–2010)||337,991 0.52%|
|Passengers (2010–2011)||325,545 3.68%|
|Passengers (2011–2012)||305,602 6.13%|
|Passengers (2012–2013)||Not measured|
|Passengers (2013–2014)||281,349 7.94%|
Yarraman railway station is a railway station on the Gippsland line in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The station is located in the south-eastern suburb of Noble Park and opened on 21 December 1976. The station is served by Pakenham and Cranbourne commuter rail services.
The track towards Flinders Street was slewed to allow construction of the station in 1974. During construction, an alternative name for the station, Fotheringham, a notable local family, was suggested.
The EastLink tollway is located at the Down end of the station, via an overpass over the rail line, Hanna Street and Railway Parade.
In 2015, the Level Crossing Removal Authority announced the grade separation of the nearby Chandler Road level crossing. Construction began in 2016, with the level crossing removed in 2018. Despite the removal of the level crossing, the original station is not rebuilt.
Platforms & services
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Pakenham line: all stations services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations services to Cranbourne
Ventura Bus Lines operates three routes via Yarraman station:
- 812: Dandenong station – Brighton
- 813: Dandenong station – Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre
- 815: Dandenong station – Noble Park station
- "Train Station Patronage FY2008-2014" (XLS). Public Transport Victoria. 14 May 2015. Archived from the original on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2016. (access from )
- Yarraman Vicsig
- "Way & Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. May 1974. p. 115.
- "Crossings". levelcrossings.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Chandler Road, Noble Park". levelcrossings.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "Pakenham Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "Cranbourne Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "812 Dandenong - Brighton via Parkmore Shopping Centre". Public Transport Victoria.
- "813 Dandenong - Waverley Gardens SC". Public Transport Victoria.
- "815 Dandenong - Noble Park". Public Transport Victoria.
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au