Yash Raj Films
|Founded||Chandrapur, Rautahat in 20|
|Founder||Jugal Shah Kanu Anita Devi Shah|
|Jugal Shah kanu (Chairman) Anita Shah , Rohit Shah|
|Owner||Rohit Shah Kanu|
|Parent||Jugal Shah Kanu|
Yash Raj Films (YRF) is an Indian entertainment company established by Yash Chopra, an Indian film director and producer who was considered an entertainment mogul in India. His son Aditya Chopra also produces films under this banner.
Yash Chopra started out as an assistant to his elder brother, B.R.Chopra, and went on to direct five films for his brother’s banner - B.R.Films - each of which proved to be a significant milestone in his development as a director. These were Dhool Ka Phool (1959), Dharmputra (1961), Waqt (1965), Ittefaq (1969) and Aadmi Aur Insaan (1969). He has wielded the baton, additionally, for 4 films made by other film companies -Joshila (1973), Deewaar (1975), Trishul (1978) and Parampara (1993).
Out of the films 52 produced by YRF till 2012, Yash Chopra directed only 13 films.
Darr (1993), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Veer-Zaara (2004) and Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) were his latter movies and all of them featured Shah Rukh Khan. Khan has played the lead role in nine movies produced by Yash Raj Films and remains their most illustrious collaborator, most of them directed by Yash Chopra or his son Aditya Chopra.
The corporation of Yash Raj Films
Yash Raj Films has launched its own music label called Yash Raj Music and produces DVDs, videos and VCDs under the Yash Raj Films Home Entertainment label. YRF Home Entertainment has acquired the rights for classic films created by Raj Kapoor and his production company R.K. Films, as well as B.R. Chopra and his production company B.R. Films. In 2006, Yash Raj Films unveiled its new film studio. Since 2007, it has sold its music in digital format through the site along with DVDs and audio CDs. It has also started selling its music on iTunes. In May 2007, it linked with The Walt Disney Company to co-produce animated movies in India.
In 2004, the Hollywood Reporter placed Yash Raj Films at number 27 in a survey of the "Biggest Film Distribution Houses" in the world; it is India's biggest production company as of 2006. Yash Raj Films has launched its own merchandise label called YRF Merchandise which offers a range of products embellished with pictures and posters from Yash Raj Films like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Band Baaja Baraat.
Subsidiaries of YRF
- YRF Entertainment
- Yash Raj Music
- Yash Raj Home Video
- YRF Television
- Yash Raj Films International
- YRF Store
- Y-Films, a production house created in April 2011 to provide a platform for young talent and innovative marketing.
- Diva'ni, India's first Bollywood inspired fashion label 
In India, YRF has additional offices in Delhi, Jalandhar, Jaipur, Amravati, Indore, Bangalore, Secunderabad, Kolkata, Chennai and Cochin. There are also offices in the United Kingdom, the United States, and the United Arab Emirates.
Films produced and distributed by Yash Raj Films
- "Yash Raj Films digitises 'Dhoom: 3' to combat piracy". Indian Express. 2013-12-19. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "Yash Raj Films enter K-town - The Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "YRF responds to Dhoom 3 parody - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-12-23. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "Dhoom 3: 10 completely fake spoilers from the film". Ibnlive.in.com. 2013-12-20. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "Walt Disney Studios Teams Up with Yash Raj Films to Create Computer-Animated Feature Films". Movieweb.com. 2007-06-11. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "Yash Raj Films Office Contact Address, Phone Number, Email, Website | Customer Care Phone Number". Customercarephonenumber.in. Retrieved 2014-04-09.