Yashima Station (Kagawa)
Yashima Station in 2010
Takamatsucho, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa-ken 761-0104|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Kōtoku Line|
|Distance||9.5 km from Takamatsu|
|Platforms||1 side + 1 island platform|
|Tracks||3 + 1 passing loop|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Bicycle facilities||Designated parking area for bikes|
|Disabled access||No - platforms linked by footbridge|
|Status||Staffed (JR Shikoku ticket window)|
|Opened||1 August 1925|
The station is served by the JR Shikoku Kōtoku Line and is located 9.5 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu. Besides local services, the Uzushio limited express between Okayama, Takamatsu and Tokushima also stops at the station.
The station consists of a side and an island platform serving three tracks. A station building houses a waiting room and a JR ticket window (without a Midori no Madoguchi facility). Access to the island platform is by means of a footbridge. A passing loop runs on the far side of the island platform beyond track 3. A large designated parking area for bikes is provided outside the station.
|JR Limited Express Services|
The station was opened on 1 August 1925 as an intermediate stop when the track of the Kōtoku Line was extended eastwards to Shido. At that time the station was operated by Japanese Government Railways, later becoming Japanese National Railways (JNR). With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- "屋島" [Yashima]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第1巻 四国東部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 1 Eastern Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 29, 67. ISBN 9784062951609.
- "Yashima Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "屋島駅" [Yashima Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 648. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 215–216. ISBN 4533029809.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yashima Station (Kagawa).|
- Yashima Station (JR Shikoku)(in Japanese)
|This Kagawa Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|