Yasoba Station in 2011
|Location||Nishinoshocho, Sakaide-shi, Kagawa-ken 762-0021|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Yosan Line|
|Distance||18.6 km from Takamatsu|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Bicycle facilities||Designated parking place for bikes|
|Disabled access||Yes - ramps lead up to platforms|
|Opened||27 January 1952|
The station is served by the JR Shikoku Yosan Line and is located 18.6 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu. Only local services stop at the station. In addition, although Tadotsu is the official start of the Dosan Line, some of its local trains start from and return to Takamatsu. These trains also stop at Yasoba.
The station consists of two opposed side platforms serving two tracks. There is no station building but weather shelters are provided on both platforms for waiting passengers. The station is unstaffed but a "Tickets Corner" (small shelter housing an automatic ticket vending machine) is installed. Ramps lead up to each platform from the access road. There is no direct link between the platforms. A road level crossing at the end of the ramps is used to cross from one platform to the other. A designated parking space for bicycles is provided near the station.
|Rapid Marine Liner: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid Sun Port: Does not stop at this station|
|Rapid Nanpū Relay: Does not stop at this station|
The station opened on 27 January 1952 as an additional stop on the existing Yosan Line. At this time the station was operated by Japanese National Railways (JNR). With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "八十場" [Yasoba]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第1巻 四国東部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 1 Eastern Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. pp. 16, 77. ISBN 9784062951609.
- "Yasoba Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- "八十場駅" [Yasoba Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu; et al., eds. (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 632. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu; et al., eds. (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 213–215. ISBN 4533029809.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yasoba Station.|
|This Kagawa Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|