|Nationality||German, Palestinian origin|
|Occupation||CEO of PhoenixBird Diversity Management GmbH |
|Website||Yasser Elshantaf on Facebook|
Early life and education
Yasser Elshantaf  was born in Al-Shati camp in Gaza Strip. His parents became refugees after they fled their homes in Jaffa during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. He studied computer information systems, political science and crisis management.
In 2009, he traveled to Germany after winning the Konrad-Zuse-Program as an entrepreneur. The prize was presented by the German Foreign Office, and focuses on research and development in the information technology field.
|“||The Palestinian private sector not looking for donation, it’s looking for real business partners.||”|
|— Yasser Elshantaf, 2009|
Elshantaf started his career in Palestine as IT consultant and served in various capacities in the field of organizational development and strategy. Since 2004, he carried out consulting projects for the World Bank, European Union, and the American Friends Service Committee.
On 29 January 2014, Elshantaf talked to Deutsche Welle  about the public concern over China's growing economic power, classification criteria for leading companies, and challenges facing the German private sector.
On 29 and 30 March 2012, Elshantaf was invited by the German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation and Center for International Peace Operations to a workshop under the title of Corruption and Compliance in Transition Countries in North Africa to talk about strategies and best practices for international legal cooperation in the fight against corruption in transitional societies.
Elshantaf participated in the 12th German-Arab Business Forum, which was held in cooperation between the Arab-German Chamber of Commerce and the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry.He presented a lecture under the title "ICT, the future for Palestine".
Elshantaf is a co-founder of the German-Palestinian Business Council DPW e.V.; a member of the International Non-Profit Business Association for CEOs and Entrepreneurs, the Junior Chamber International, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Berlin, and the Palestinian Information Technology Association.
He has also been involved in many activities supporting the community and the Palestinian economy.
- Yasser Elshantaf: Phoenixbird Diversity Management GmbH
- on YouTube
- "Yasser Elshantaf, Businessman". All 4 Palestine.
- "Yasser Elshantaf, european bank stress test". Made in Germany - The Business Magazine, Deutsche Welle. 22 October 2014.
- "Yasser Elshantaf, Chairman". PhoenixBird Information Technology & Systems L.T.D.
- "Yasser Elshantaf, challenges facing the German private sector". Made in Germany - The Business Magazine, Deutsche Welle. 29 January 2014.
- "German-Arab Economic Forum: Yasser Elshantaf, Co-founder and secretary-general". DPW e.V. 6 November 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yasser Elshantaf.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Yasser Elshantaf|
- Yasser Elshantaf, Diaspora documentary Alghad TV, 7 April 2018
- Yasser Elshantaf, How affecting the new employment law for workers coming from Eastern Europe Deutsche Welle, Made in Germany - The Business Magazine, 15 November 2017
- Yasser Elshantaf, Innovative ideas Deutsche Welle, Shabab Talk, 3 September 2014
- Immigration to Germany Deutsche Welle, Shabab Talk, 22 January 2014
- Yasser Elshantaf, Mobaderoon Entrepreneur Magazine in Gaza, 2013
- Strategies and best practices for international legal cooperation in the fight against corruption, Center for International Peace Operations in Berlin, 30 March 2012
- Yasser Elshantaf, Konrad Zuse Scholarship Programme Donia Al-Watan, 2009
- Public Symposium, Geneva 2009. United Nations Conference on Trade and Development in Geneva, 12 August 2009
- PED Project, An Assessment of the Outsourcing Capabilities of the Palestinian ICT Industry April 21 - May 3, 2008
- Yasser Elshantaf, the CEO Clubs International