Yoshiura at the 26th Tokyo International Film Festival
|Alma mater||Kyushu University|
|Occupation||Anime director, screenwriter|
Yasuhiro Yoshiura (吉浦 康裕 Yoshiura Yasuhiro) (born 1980) is a Japanese writer and director of animated short films. Many of his works such as Pale Cocoon and Time of Eve have garnered awards and featured at film festivals. His production studio is called Studio Rikka.
Yoshiura was born in Hokkaido and was raised in Fukuoka. He majored in art engineering at Kyushu University. In 2002, he released a short film called Aquatic Language which was broadcast on NHK BS1's 10 min. theater. The film won an "Excellent Work Award" at the Tokyo International Anime Fair. In 2006, he released the direct-to-video film Pale Cocoon. After moving to Tokyo he worked on the anime web series Time of Eve which aired six episodes and later was made into a feature movie. In 2013 he released the film Patema Inverted, which won awards at Edinburgh's Scotland Loves Animation festival, and the Chicago International Film Festival. In 2014, he directed the film Harmonie, which was used for the Anime Mirai 2014 program. In 2015, his short PP33 (Power Plant No. 33) and Bureau of Proto Society were featured in the Japan Animator Expo.
|Year||Title||Production role||Cast role||Notes||Refs|
|2001||Kikumana||Screenwriter||Honorary Mention, Computer Animation / Visual Effects, 2002 Prix Ars Electronica|||
|2002||Mizu no Kotoba||Director, Screenwriter||Protagonist||Excellent Work Award, Tokyo International Anime Fair, 2003|||
|2008–10||Time of Eve||Creator, Director, Screenwriter||ONA and feature film
(List of Awards and screenings)
|2009||Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance||Designer|
|2012–13||Patema Inverted||Creator, Director, Writer||ONA Beginning of the Day and feature film|||
|2014||Harmonie||Creator, Director, Storyboard||Part of Young Animator Training Project 2013.|
|2015||Power Plant No. 33||Director, Writer||11th episode of the Japan Animator Expo.|||
|2015||Bureau of Proto Society||Director, Writer||29th episode of the Japan Animator Expo.|||
|2016||Mobile Police Patlabor Reboot||Director, Storyboard, Director of photography, Editing||Extra episode of the Japan Animator Expo.|||
- Yasuhiro YOSHIURA. "プロフィール - スタジオリッカ". スタジオリッカ - 当サイトは吉浦康裕（アニメーション監督）の個人サイトです。今までの活動報告や新作情報の告知などをしています。. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Tokyo International Anime Festival Award Winners". ANN. Archived from the original on 27 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "Houston's Anime Matsuri to Host Patema Inverted Director Yasuhiro Yoshiura, Singer Anna Tsuchiya". Anime News Network. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Ultra Super Pictures, A-1, Shinei, Studio 4°C Make Anime Mirai 2014". Anime News Network. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Time of Eve's Yasuhiro Yoshiura Pens Next Animator Expo Short". Anime News Network. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Japan Animator Expo Streams Yasuhiro Yoshiura's 'Bureau of Proto Society' Short". Anime News Network. 2015-08-28. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Ars Electronica - Prix Ars Electronica". aec.at. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Time of Eve Creator's Patema Inverted TV Ad Streamed". Anime News Network. 2013-11-07. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- サカサマのパテマ. eiga.com (in Japanese). Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Yasuhiro Yoshiura's Patema Inverted Anime Film to Premiere at Annecy". Anime News Network. 2013-04-24. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Mobile Police Patlabor Reboot official website". 2016-07-28.
|This article relating to an animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|