|Native name||小出 保太郎|
13 March 1903|
Tsuruga, Fukui, Japan
19 January 2016|
(aged 112 years, 312 days)
|Cause of death||Heart failure and pneumonia|
|Residence||Moriyama-ku, Nagoya, Japan|
|Known for||Oldest living man in the world (5 July 2015 – 19 January 2016)|
Yasutaro Koide (小出 保太郎 Koide Yasutarō, 13 March 1903 – 19 January 2016) was a Japanese supercentenarian, who was the oldest living man in the world following the death of Sakari Momoi on 5 July 2015, until his own death on 19 January 2016.
Born on 13 March 1903, Koide worked as a tailor for a men's clothes shop in Tsuruga, Fukui. He moved to Nagoya when he was 107 years old, to live with his daughter. When he turned 110, Koide could still read newspapers without eyeglasses and eat without dentures. He became the oldest living person in Aichi Prefecture on 31 March 2014, following the death of Nagoya resident Tsuya Miura, who died at the age of 111.
On 21 August 2015, he was officially recognised as the oldest living man by Guinness World Records. When asked about the secret to his long life, Koide responded by stating that "the best thing is to not overdo" and recommending abstinence from smoking or drinking.
- "World's oldest man dies in Japan aged 112". The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited. 2015-07-07. Retrieved 2015-07-08.
- "Guinness names new holder of world's oldest man title". CBS News. CBS Interactive Inc. 2015-08-21. Retrieved 2015-08-22.
- Swatman, Rachel (2015-08-20). "Guinness World Records introduces Yasutaro Koide - the new oldest living man". Guinness World Records. Archived from the original on 2015-08-22. Retrieved 2015-08-22.
- 県内男性最高齢の小出さん１１０歳に [Oldest man in prefecture turns 110]. Chunichi Web (in Japanese). Japan: The Chunichi Shimbun. 2013-03-14. Archived from the original on 2013-03-17. Retrieved 2015-07-08.
- 市内(県内)最高齢者の死亡について [About the death of the elderly in the city (prefecture)] (PDF). Press release (in Japanese). Japan: City of Nagoya. 2014-04-01. Archived from the original (pdf) on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2015-08-22.[dead link]
- "World's oldest man dies at 112 in Japan". Gulf Digital News. 2016-01-19. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- Israeli Holocaust survivor named world's oldest man.