|Industry||Online travel agency|
|Founded||August 1, 2006|
|Founder||Dhruv Singh (CEO), Manish Amin (CIO) and Sabina Chopra(COO - Corporate Hotels)|
|Headquarters||Gurgaon, Haryana, India|
|Products||Flights, Hotels, Holidays, Trains, Bus|
In April 2012, it was the second largest online travel website in India, with 30 per cent share of the ₹370 billion (US$5.5 billion) market for all online travel-related transactions., it also launched a "holiday-cum-shopping card" with State Bank of India (SBI), India's largest bank.
Yatra.com publicly listed on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol YTRA in December 2016.
Yatra.com has made three acquisitions till now—ticket consolidator Travel Services International (TSI) in October 2010, global distribution system (GDS) provider MagicRooms.in, and Indian events and entertainment portal BuzzInTown.com—all for undisclosed amounts. July 2012, Yatra.com Acquires 100% Stake in Travelguru.com.
- Adventure Nation
Earlier, Bollywood actor Boman Irani has also been the brand ambassador for Yatra.com online flight booking services.
Companies like Reliance Venture Asset Management Ltd, Web18 of TV18 Group (a joint venture of NBCUniversal and the Network 18), Norwest Venture Partners and Intel Capital have invested substantially in Yatra.com. In April 2011, the website announced receiving funding of ₹2 billion (US$30 million) from blue chip investors including Valiant Capital Management, Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) under Promod Haque management and Intel Capital.
Recent News and Activities
In 2016, Yatra.com acqui-hired Mumbai-based Travel-logs.in that specializes in customized city walks and private tours.
- "..two important stakeholders in online travel,..". Business Standard. Apr 25, 2012.
- "Yatra.Com launches holiday-cum-shopping credit card with SBI". BUsiness Standard. Apr 2, 2012.
- Yatra acquires events and entertainment portal Buzzintown.com afaqs.com.
- "Yatra.com acquires events portal Buzzintown.com". Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- afaqs! news bureau (2012-07-02). "Yatra.com acquires 100 percent stake in Travelguru". afaqs.com. Noida, India: afaqs!. Retrieved 2016-05-16.
- "No one-time endorsement fee, stars have more at stake now: Salman?s deal with yatra.com is part of a growing trend". Business Standard. Apr 13, 2012.
- Salman Khan becomes brand ambassador and investor for Yatra.com afaqs.com.
- "Yatra.com becomes Rajasthan Royals' Official Travel Partner". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- "Our Portfolio". Reliance Venture.
- "Yatra Investors - Yatra.com". Yatra.com. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "Yatra.com receives Rs 200 crores in funding to fuel growth". afaqs. April 20, 2011.
- "Yatra.com launches e-gift card" The Hindu Business Line, 27 November 2013
- "Yatra.com hires LensKart's Vikrant Mudaliar as chief marketing officer" The Economic Times, 20 January 2016
- "Yatra acqui-hires travel-logs to boost tours within cities" The Economic Times, 20 January 2016