|Traded as||NYSE: YTRA|
|Industry||Online travel agency|
|Founded||1 August 2006|
|Founder||Dhruv Shringi (CEO), Manish Amin (CIO) and Sabina Chopra (COO - Corporate Hotels)|
|Headquarters||Gurgaon, Haryana, India|
|Products||Flights, hotels, holidays, trains, buses|
In April 2012, it was the second largest online travel website in India, with a 30 percent share of the ₹370 billion (US$5.1 billion) market for all online travel-related transactions. It also launched a "holiday-cum-shopping card" with State Bank of India (SBI), India's largest bank.
Yatra.com publicly listed on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol YTRA in December 2014
Yatra.com has made three acquisitions to date — ticket consolidator Travel Services International (TSI) in October 2010, global distribution system (GDS) provider MagicRooms.in, and Indian events and entertainment portal BuzzInTown.com — all for undisclosed amounts. In July 2012, Yatra.com acquired a 100% stake in Travelguru.com.
Companies like Reliance Venture Asset Management Ltd, Web18 of TV18 Group (a subsidiary of Network 18), Norwest Venture Partners and Intel Capital have invested substantially in Yatra.com. In April 2011, the website announced receiving funding of ₹2 billion (US$28 million) from blue-chip investors including Valiant Capital Management, Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) under Promod Haque management and Intel Capital.
Recent news and activities
In November 2013, Yatra.com launched e-gift cards in collaboration with Qwikcilver.
In 2016, Yatra.com acquired-hired Mumbai-based Travel-logs.in, which specializes in customized city walks and private tours.
- "..two important stakeholders in online travel,." Business Standard. 25 April 2012.
- "Yatra.Com launches holiday-cum-shopping credit card with SBI". BUsiness Standard. 2 April 2012.
- Yatra acquires events and entertainment portal Buzzintown.com afaqs.com.
- "Yatra.com acquires events portal Buzzintown.com". Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- afaqs! news bureau (2 July 2012). "Yatra.com acquires 100 percent stake in Travelguru". afaqs.com. Noida, India: afaqs!. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Our Portfolio". Reliance Venture.
- "Yatra Investors - Yatra.com". Yatra.com. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "Yatra.com receives Rs 200 crores in funding to fuel growth". afaqs. 20 April 2011.
- "Yatra.com launches e-gift card" The Hindu Business Line, 27 November 2013
- "Yatra.com hires LensKart's Vikrant Mudaliar as chief marketing officer" The Economic Times, 20 January 2016
- "Yatra acqui-hires travel-logs to boost tours within cities" The Economic Times, 20 January 2016