Yau Tsim Mong District
|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Yau Tsim Mong
|Yau Tsim Mong District|
Day view of Tsim Sha Tsui in the Yau Tsim Mong District
Location of Yau Tsim Mong within Hong Kong
|Special administrative region||Hong Kong|
|• District Council Chairman||Chung Kong-mo (DAB)|
|• District Officer||Vicki KWOK WONG Wing-ki|
|Time zone||Hong Kong Time (UTC+8)|
|Website||Yau Tsim Mong District Council|
Yau Tsim Mong District (simplified Chinese: 油尖旺区; traditional Chinese: 油尖旺區; pinyin: Yóujiānwàng Qū, Jyutping: jau4 zim1 wong6 keoi1) is one of 18 districts of Hong Kong, located on the western part of Kowloon Peninsula. It is the core urban area of Kowloon. The district has the third highest population density of all districts. The 2006 By-Census recorded the total population of Yau Tsim Mong District at 280,548.
Areas within the district include
|Tai Kok Tsui||Prince Edward|
|Mong Kok West||Yau Ma Tei|
|Sea||Tsim Sha Tsui||Tsim Sha Tsui East|
- Tsuen Wan Line and Kwun Tong Line converge from the north at Prince Edward Station, then Mong Kok and Yau Ma Tei where Kwun Tong Line terminates. Tsuen Wan Line continued to Jordan and Tsim Sha Tsui stations before crossing the harbour to Hong Kong Island.
- Tung Chung Line has two stations along the west coast: Kowloon near Jordan and Olympic near Tai Kok Tsui. The former station is also served by the Airport Express.
- East Rail Line has a station in Mong Kok East, while Hung Hom is on the boundary between Yau Tsim Mong and Kowloon City districts.
- As for the West Rail Line, an extension has been opened to East Tsim Sha Tsui station, with a sub-surface passenger walkway to Tsim Sha Tsui Station on the Tsuen Wan Line. All three MTR stations in this district sees (and will see) some trains terminating. East Tsim Sha Tsui used to be served by the East Rail Line until it was transferred to the West Rail Line in 2009. Now the West Rail Line and East Rail Line interchange at Hung Hom.
- Nathan Road
- Shanghai Street
- Austin Road
- Canton Road
- Hung Hom Harbour Crossing
- West Kowloon Highway
- Western Harbour Crossing
- Salisbury Road
- "2011 Population Census - Fact Sheet for Yau Tsim Mong District Council District" (PDF). Census and Statistics Department, Hong Kong SAR. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yau Tsim Mong District.|
||Sham Shui Po District|
|Kowloon City District|
|Central and Western District||Wan Chai District||Eastern District|