|Date of birth||2 January 1993|
|Place of birth||Yaoundé, Cameroon|
|Height||1.66 m (5 ft 5 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 March 2014.
After spending his early career in his native land of Cameroon, Atouba was drafted by the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer on 17 January 2013 as the 30th overall pick in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft. Then after impressing coaches in Chicago's pre-season camps, Atouba was officially signed by the team on 1 March 2013. Then, just two days after signing his first professional contract, Atouba made his MLS debut in the Fire's first match of the season against the defending champions Los Angeles Galaxy at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California when he came on in the 70th minute for Joel Lindpere, however the Fire came out in the end with a 4–0 loss.
He was waived by the Fire in March 2014.
- McCathy, Jack. "Fire selects midfielder Atouba in draft". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Chicago Fire officially sign SuperDraft pick Yazid Atouba". Major League Soccer. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "MLS Match Recap: LA Galaxy 4, Chicago Fire 0". Major League Soccer. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Chicago Fire Soccer Club waives midfielder Yazid Atouba" Chicago Fire. Retrieved 2015-6-21.
- Profile at MLSsoccer.com