|Full name||Ye Rongguang|
October 3, 1963 |
Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
|FIDE rating||2461 (March 2017) [inactive]|
|Peak rating||2545 (January 1991)|
Ye Rongguang (simplified Chinese: 叶荣光; traditional Chinese: 葉榮光; pinyin: Yè Róngguāng; born October 3, 1963 in Wenzhou, Zhejiang) is a retired Chinese chess Grandmaster, who in 1990, became the first ever Chinese player to gain the Grandmaster title. He was for more than ten years the coach of women's world chess champion Zhu Chen. He lives in the Netherlands, and was appointed Vice-Chairman of the Netherlands Chinese Photographic Society.
Ye Rongguang competed at the 1990 World Chess Championship (Manila VI-VII, Interzonal Tournament) where he finished in 44th place with 6/13 points. In the same year he won the China National Chess Championship. He reached his highest FIDE rating of 2545 on January 1991 when he was ranked 97th in the world.
Ye has competed in the China national chess team in the Chess Olympiad three times at the Men's Chess Olympiad (1988–92) (games played 35: +19 −5 =11), and twice at the Men's World Team Chess Championships (1985–89) (games played 15: +8 −5 =2) winning bronze on 6th board in 1985. Ye also competed twice at the Men's Asian Team Chess Championship (1987, 1991), with an overall record of 13 games (+11 −1 =1). He won an individual bronze medal and an individual gold in 1987 and 1991, respectively.
- Rating data for player Ye, Rongguang, (CHN)
- "中国国际象棋运动员等级分数据库". Chessinchina.net. Retrieved 2011-12-04.
- Ye Rongguang at chessgames.com
- "Chess". New York Times. 1990-05-22. Retrieved 2011-12-04.
- CHESS IN CHINA - AWAKENING OF A DRAGON By Ignatius Leong, International Arbiter & Organizer
- "Chinese Championship – a pictorial review". ChessBase.com. 2009-06-14. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- "1990 Manila Interzonal Tournament". Mark-weeks.com. Retrieved 2011-12-04.
- Ergebnis von Eloabfrage Ye Rongguang
- Wojciech Bartelski. "Men's Chess Olympiads :: Ye Rongguang". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2011-12-04.
- Wojciech Bartelski. "World Men's Team Chess Championship :: Ye Rongguang". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2011-12-04.
- Wojciech Bartelski. "Men's Asian Team Chess Championship :: Ye Rongguang". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2011-12-04.
- Official blog
- Ye Rongguang, Chess games, New In Chess NICBase Online
- Ye Rongguang player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|Men's Chinese Chess Champion