Ye Sacred Muses
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The words are:-
- Ye sacred Muses, race of Jove,
- whom Music's lore delighteth,
- Come down from crystal heav'ns above
- to earth where sorrow dwelleth,
- In mourning weeds, with tears in eyes:
- Tallis is dead, and Music dies.
The concluding lines are particularly effective and are repeated.
- Free scores of Ye Sacred Muses in the Choral Public Domain Library (ChoralWiki)
- Informal performance by 'Wolftooth' (viol consort and alto)
|This article about a classical composition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|