|Education||Communication University of China|
|Known for||TV Anchor on CCTV-4|
Placed under investigation in 2013
Ye Yingchun (Chinese: 叶迎春; pinyin: Yè Yíngchūn; born January 23, 1970) is a Chinese news anchor and journalist for China's state-run broadcaster China Central Television. She is known for hosting various programs on CCTV-4, the official Chinese-language channel targeting overseas viewers. In August 2014, Hong Kong-based Phoenix Television reported that Ye had been detained for investigation in connection with the Zhou Yongkang case.
Ye Yingchun was born in Jingdezhen, Jiangxi province in 1970. She attended the Beijing Broadcasting Institute (now Communications University of China). In 1991, she became a TV host on the local television station in Jingdezhen. In 1993 she became an anchor on the Jiangxi provincial version of Xinwen Lianbo. In 1994 she was admitted to graduate school at the Department of Journalism of the Beijing Broadcasting Institute. She then joined CCTV, initially as the anchor of the program Military Report (軍事報導). She also took part in the CCTV broadcasts for the return of Hong Kong and Macau to Chinese sovereignty, Y2K, September 11, the completion of the Three Gorges Dam, the war in Iraq, the 16th Party Congress, the fight against SARS, and the 2008 Sichuan earthquake.
Ye has won numerous awards, including the Golden Microphone, for her television work because of her colloquial and accessible presentation style and tone. She also was a member of China Youth Federation, China Social Work Association, and was a Vice Chairman of Jiangxi Youth Federation.
Ye's last social media feed was recorded in September 2013. Chinese-language media reported that Ye rendezvoused with former Chinese domestic security chief Zhou Yongkang in Beijing in November 2013, only two days before the latter was detained for a corruption investigation. In August 2014, Hong Kong based Phoenix Television reported in an "exclusive" that Ye had been detained by the authorities for suspected links to the Zhou Yongkang case.
- "独家：叶迎春和沈冰卷入周永康案 正接受调查(图)". Ifeng (in Chinese). 2014-08-07. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "叶迎春被抓 周永康被带走调查前天还曾与其秘密相会". International Business Times (in Chinese). 2014-08-05. Archived from the original on 2014-08-08. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "高清组图揭秘 周永康的"神秘"情人 组图" [The HD picture is revealed. Zhou Yongkang's "mystery" lover]. huaglad.com (in Chinese). 2014-12-06. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "周永康車震情婦央視主播葉迎春辭全國政協委員". Bowen Press. 2016-06-25. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- Liu Xiaozhen (2014-10-31). "传央视前主持叶迎春卖身送情报给周永康" [Before she presided over CCTV, Ye Yingchun sold and sent information to Zhou Yongkang.]. The Epoch Times (in Chinese). Retrieved 2019-05-30.