Year Long Disaster
|Year Long Disaster|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Years active||2004–2011 (indefinite hiatus)|
|Past members||Daniel Davies
Year Long Disaster was an American hard rock band from Los Angeles, California. Formed in 2004, the band was composed of vocalist and guitarist Daniel Davies, bassist Rich Mullins and drummer Brad Hargreaves. Hargreaves was later replaced by Rob Oswald, and guitarist William Mecum also joined in a later incarnation of the group.
2004–2009: Formation and debut album
Daniel Davies and Rich Mullins first met in November 2003, after the bassist had left Karma to Burn and was playing in the band Speedealer. After completing a drug rehabilitation program together, the pair met Brad Hargreaves in November 2004, and after an informal jam session formed Year Long Disaster later.
Year Long Disaster signed with Californian record label Volcom Entertainment in May 2007, quickly entering the studio with Tucson, Arizona-based producer Jim Waters and later joining Clutch on a month-long United States tour. The band also supported Norwegian punk rock outfit Turbonegro on the North American What Is Rock Tour, beginning in September 2007.
The band's debut album, Year Long Disaster, was released on August 21, 2007. In July 2008, Year Long Disaster contributed a cover version of the Iron Maiden track "Running Free" to the tribute album Maiden Heaven: A Tribute to Iron Maiden. Later in the year, the group toured with Motörhead alongside Misfits, Valient Thorr and Airbourne.
2009–present: Second album and future
In September 2009, it was reported that Year Long Disaster had begun recording its second studio album at Sound City Studios in Los Angeles, California with producer Nick Raskulinecz. Preceded by the single "Show Me Your Teeth", Black Magic; All Mysteries Revealed was released on March 9, 2010. The band also contributed a cover version of The Sword's "Maiden, Mother & Crone" to a split single with the Austin, Texas-based group, released by Volcom in March 2010.
Since touring with Karma to Burn members Rob Oswald and William Mecum in 2010 and 2011, Year Long Disaster has remained largely inactive. Davies has since joined CKY in place of founding frontman Deron Miller, both in 2012 and in 2015.
- Daniel Davies – vocals, guitar (2004–2011)
- Rich Mullins – bass (2004–2011)
- Brad Hargreaves – drums, percussion (2004–2010)
- Rob Oswald – drums (2010–2011)
- William Mecum – guitar (2010–2011)
- Fulton, Katherine. "Year Long Disaster: Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Year Long Disaster Signs With Volcom Entertainment". Blabbermouth.net. May 3, 2007. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Year Long Disaster To Support Turbonegro". Blabbermouth.net. August 29, 2007. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Anderson, Rick. "Year Long Disaster - Year Long Disaster: Overview". AllMusic. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Black Tide's Cover Of Iron Maiden's 'Prowler' Available For Streaming". Blabbermouth.net. July 9, 2008. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Motörhead To Tour U.S. With Misfits, Valient Thorr, Airbourne And Year Long Disaster". Blabbermouth.net. July 21, 2008. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Year Long Disaster Begins Recording New Album". Blabbermouth.net. September 22, 2009. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "Year Long Disaster's 'Black Magic' Due In March". Blabbermouth.net. January 6, 2010. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "The Sword Covers Thin Lizzy's 'Cold Sweat' For New 7" Single". Blabbermouth.net. February 20, 2010. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Shaw, Zach (March 19, 2012). "CKY Replaces Deron Miller With Year Long Disaster's Daniel Davies". Metal Insider. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- "CKY Confirm The Return Of Daniel Davies For 'Amnesia Rockfest'". Theprp.com. April 17, 2015. Retrieved June 24, 2015.